Locked out after too many pattern attempts? SOLVED!!! WITHOUT ANY DATA LOSS!

25th November 2010, 11:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Well, my little brother attempted to enter the pattern seemingly too many times and guess what I was locked out without any way to access my contacts, apps etc.

The phone prompted me to enter my google credentials, and guess what? I entered them only to see it reject it by saying that it was an incorrect username or password.

I kept looking in many forums and found no success even after 10 long hours of searching.

AND THEN....

I decided to GIVE MY PHONE A CALL from my house number. ACCEPTED IT and pressed the "Settings" button and there shows the Contacts, Sim Tools etc. I pressed the contact button only to see the dreaded locked screen again.

But since that was enough to give me hope, I GAVE MYSELF A CALL AGAIN and pressed the settings button again. Only this time I was able to enter into the Contacts menu. I pressed the Home button and was so glad I was able to ENTER MY HOME SCREEN!. I pressed and went to settings---> accounts and sync--->quickly synced my gmail and deleted all other accounts. I locked my phone again by pressing the power button. I ENTERED MY GOOGLE CREDENTIALS AGAIN and THIS TIME IT WORKED!!!

I was so glad that I had recovered my phone WITHOUT ANY DATA LOSS!

I hope this helps many who are suffering from this glaring android bug that is so frustrating.

BTW. I AM USING SAMSUNG VIBRANT with official firmware.
Last edited by yaape; 25th November 2010 at 11:51 AM.
30th March 2013, 12:00 PM   |  #2  

1 posts
Thumbs up Guaide me please
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaape

Well, my little brother attempted to enter the pattern seemingly too many times and guess what I was locked out without any way to access my contacts, apps etc.

The phone prompted me to enter my google credentials, and guess what? I entered them only to see it reject it by saying that it was an incorrect username or password.

I kept looking in many forums and found no success even after 10 long hours of searching.

AND THEN....

I decided to GIVE MY PHONE A CALL from my house number. ACCEPTED IT and pressed the "Settings" button and there shows the Contacts, Sim Tools etc. I pressed the contact button only to see the dreaded locked screen again.

But since that was enough to give me hope, I GAVE MYSELF A CALL AGAIN and pressed the settings button again. Only this time I was able to enter into the Contacts menu. I pressed the Home button and was so glad I was able to ENTER MY HOME SCREEN!. I pressed and went to settings---> accounts and sync--->quickly synced my gmail and deleted all other accounts. I locked my phone again by pressing the power button. I ENTERED MY GOOGLE CREDENTIALS AGAIN and THIS TIME IT WORKED!!!

I hope this helps many who are suffering from this glaring android bug that is so frustrating.

dear sir ,,how to remove pattren lock with out deta lose please help me and Guaide step by step ,,and where is you g mail i d and home addres and contact no i am from pakistan,,
please no mind ....
i hope you understand ,,
and ADVANCE THANKS
AKMAL

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilal483

dear sir ,,how to remove pattren lock with out deta lose please help me and Guaide step by step ,,and where is you g mail i d and home addres and contact no i am from pakistan,,
please no mind ....
i hope you understand ,,
and ADVANCE THANKS
AKMAL

Dear Sir,,
please no mind ,,customer many customer wants ,,with out deta lose many pattren lock ,gamail lock unlock with out deta lose ..please share software or eazy tips ...
Thanks ..
15th May 2013, 06:12 AM   |  #3  

1 posts
urgent
hi.
will u please tell me the process in detail. i am very much tens. i dont want to loose my data.
plz help at the earliest.
23rd May 2013, 03:44 PM   |  #4  

1 posts
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaape

AND THEN....

HEY THANKS FOR THE GUIDANCE BUT i AM USING MOTOROLLA CHARM MB502 AND WHEN I CALL ON MY NO & ANSWER THERE IS NO SETTING BUTTON, IT HAS A BACK BUTTON A HOME BUTTON & A MENU BUTTON I TRIED PRESSING ALL THESE BUT IT DOES NOT GO IN TO THE PHONE SETTINGS...PLEASE HELP ME WHAT CAN I DO
14th December 2013, 06:27 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bangalore

1 posts
More
Too many pattern attemps!
I have this problem. I dont have a rooted phone. I dont want to loose my data. I have samsung galaxy y s 5360. i tried using adb bt cant get root access to go to data folder. I cant root my phnoe now. please help me
9th April 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #6  

1 posts
This program can really help, but it is almost 4$
screen lock bypass pro is a good alternative. can find it on Play store
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
no data loss, pattern, samsung, solved, vibrant
Previous Thread Next Thread