Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,182 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Headset with control keys?

Tip us?

ailon
Old
(Last edited by ailon; 26th November 2010 at 07:09 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool [Q] Headset with control keys?

Hi,

Does anyone know if any of the 3.5mm wired headsets with at least an answer button would work with Optimus 7? Winter is coming and it would suck to have to take out the phone and take off gloves just to answer a call.

I've just tried the one from Samsung Galaxy S and the phone didn't respond to the answer button on it.

Thanks,
Alan.

Update: I feel really stupid but I didn't notice neatly designed answer button. It's there. Problem solved.

Commander Data
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ailon View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know if any of the 3.5mm wired headsets with at least an answer button would work with Optimus 7? Winter is coming and it would suck to have to take out the phone and take off gloves just to answer a call.

I've just tried the one from Samsung Galaxy S and the phone didn't respond to the answer button on it.

Thanks,
Alan.
Hmmm... My Optimus 7 came with a wired headset that works really well (with an answer button that doubles as a play/pause button). But I am in Canada, so it might just be a Canadian thing. Where are you at?

Sledgeman
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
Hmmm... My Optimus 7 came with a wired headset that works really well (with an answer button that doubles as a play/pause button). But I am in Canada, so it might just be a Canadian thing. Where are you at?
Mine also came with a button and i live in Sweden. It should be the same everywhere.

ailon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Haha. Silly me. Didn't notice that it's a button on the other side of the mic. Thanks and sorry for this thread!

ailon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
with an answer button that doubles as a play/pause button
Btw, double-clicking it works as next in Zune. Great.

Sledgeman
Old
Thanks Meter 1
And tripple-click is almost back. It starts the song that is playing right now from start. Havn't found a way to make step one track back.

jessiethe3rd
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Sony MW600 with W3 Westone's

I picked up a Sony MW600 Bluetooth headset dongle. It's about the size of a double A battery and has an LED screen which tells you the number calling, allows you to connect 3 bluetooth device simultaneously, has volume control, and has a play, pause, next, and back button for use with media... it sounds better with my Westone W3's plugged into it then plugged into the phone! It seems to only be available in eBay - I can't find it in stores in NA at all... do a search on it... fantastic product - worth every dime I paid (like $50 bucks)
HTC Titan
Samsung Focus (Unlocked) - Mango (7661)
Dell Venue Pro (Unlocked) - Mango - 34GB
HTC HD7 - Mango (7661)
Telus Network

tgtbtu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd View Post
I picked up a Sony MW600 Bluetooth headset dongle. It's about the size of a double A battery and has an LED screen which tells you the number calling, allows you to connect 3 bluetooth device simultaneously, has volume control, and has a play, pause, next, and back button for use with media... it sounds better with my Westone W3's plugged into it then plugged into the phone! It seems to only be available in eBay - I can't find it in stores in NA at all... do a search on it... fantastic product - worth every dime I paid (like $50 bucks)
I can only agree with you, multipoint works just great (Im Jusing 4 devices...) oh and btw the soundquality is great (could be better, indeed but at this size..)
But I'm wondering why the MW600 don't show the actual music title (It does on Win7 MacOsX and Android)

tia

Zaslav
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd View Post
I won one and still haven't used it. =s

Sent from my X10a using XDA App

manolom1979
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have the MW600 also. Hopefully the next update of the WP7 OS will enable the display of the names in agenda in calls also the track names when playing music.

Tags
headset, optimus7, remote