Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Headset with control keys?

OP ailon

25th November 2010, 02:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hi,

Does anyone know if any of the 3.5mm wired headsets with at least an answer button would work with Optimus 7? Winter is coming and it would suck to have to take out the phone and take off gloves just to answer a call.

I've just tried the one from Samsung Galaxy S and the phone didn't respond to the answer button on it.

Thanks,
Alan.

Update: I feel really stupid but I didn't notice neatly designed answer button. It's there. Problem solved.
Last edited by ailon; 26th November 2010 at 08:09 AM.
25th November 2010, 08:58 PM   |  #2  

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ailon

Hi,

Does anyone know if any of the 3.5mm wired headsets with at least an answer button would work with Optimus 7? Winter is coming and it would suck to have to take out the phone and take off gloves just to answer a call.

I've just tried the one from Samsung Galaxy S and the phone didn't respond to the answer button on it.

Thanks,
Alan.

Hmmm... My Optimus 7 came with a wired headset that works really well (with an answer button that doubles as a play/pause button). But I am in Canada, so it might just be a Canadian thing. Where are you at?
25th November 2010, 11:01 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

49 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data

Hmmm... My Optimus 7 came with a wired headset that works really well (with an answer button that doubles as a play/pause button). But I am in Canada, so it might just be a Canadian thing. Where are you at?

Mine also came with a button and i live in Sweden. It should be the same everywhere.
26th November 2010, 07:52 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Haha. Silly me. Didn't notice that it's a button on the other side of the mic. Thanks and sorry for this thread!
26th November 2010, 08:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data

with an answer button that doubles as a play/pause button

Btw, double-clicking it works as next in Zune. Great.
29th November 2010, 05:22 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

49 posts
More
And tripple-click is almost back. It starts the song that is playing right now from start. Havn't found a way to make step one track back.
2nd December 2010, 09:23 AM   |  #7  
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 6

174 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Sony MW600 with W3 Westone's
I picked up a Sony MW600 Bluetooth headset dongle. It's about the size of a double A battery and has an LED screen which tells you the number calling, allows you to connect 3 bluetooth device simultaneously, has volume control, and has a play, pause, next, and back button for use with media... it sounds better with my Westone W3's plugged into it then plugged into the phone! It seems to only be available in eBay - I can't find it in stores in NA at all... do a search on it... fantastic product - worth every dime I paid (like $50 bucks)
16th December 2010, 02:14 AM   |  #8  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd

I picked up a Sony MW600 Bluetooth headset dongle. It's about the size of a double A battery and has an LED screen which tells you the number calling, allows you to connect 3 bluetooth device simultaneously, has volume control, and has a play, pause, next, and back button for use with media... it sounds better with my Westone W3's plugged into it then plugged into the phone! It seems to only be available in eBay - I can't find it in stores in NA at all... do a search on it... fantastic product - worth every dime I paid (like $50 bucks)

I can only agree with you, multipoint works just great (Im Jusing 4 devices...) oh and btw the soundquality is great (could be better, indeed but at this size..)
But I'm wondering why the MW600 don't show the actual music title (It does on Win7 MacOsX and Android)

tia
22nd December 2010, 06:50 PM   |  #9  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5

195 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd

I won one and still haven't used it. =s

Sent from my X10a using XDA App
11th January 2011, 11:03 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
More
I have the MW600 also. Hopefully the next update of the WP7 OS will enable the display of the names in agenda in calls also the track names when playing music.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
headset, optimus7, remote
Previous Thread Next Thread