Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,558 Members 44,885 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Project [ROM/ANDROID] Android fo HTC MEGA//Updated 15/01/2011

Tip us?

fisher51112
Old
(Last edited by Mr. Clown; 10th February 2011 at 05:43 AM.) Reason: add news;
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Project [ROM/ANDROID] Android fo HTC MEGA//Updated 15/01/2011

Hello guys,

Here is the official topic where I will write all information, news(good and bad) and everything what I will get in my developing.

I tried to run android for our devices at april, but it was so slow, so it boot nearly 2 days. But from that time I learned a lot to bring up android for our MEGA.

I hope to bring good news soon)))

News:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
28/11/2010: Project has been officially started. Please, do not post everyday "send me android to...", "when it will be?..." and so on. I will post news about any progress in developing, so-be patient. Write only if you:have any questions, bug reports about current version(which will be available soon, i hope); want to be in beta testers team; made/want to make a donation.

01/12/2010: For all of you, who wrote to me about beta test-you are accepted. I don't have an opportunity to write about it for each of you, so I do it this way.

About porting. Firstly, I will try to install android like "native" --> there will be no windows on MEGA after it. I have two ideas about how to do this, but before doing this I need to get some information about possibilities of doing this and after it I'll try to do this. If not-I'll need to recompile haret and do like others tryed-create android with haret.

Write to my PM or to my twitter(fisher51112) about what you want to see on your device:dual boot or "native" android.

05/12/2010: Sorry for "non text" update. There were bugs with opera, so it didn't change my post. For all of you-both sides-"dual boot" and "native"(sorry for my familiarity)-there are possible to do native boot of android, but it is dangerous(now) and I think there will be a problem with bios, but I'm not sure. For dual-boot "side"-I found today my haret7225))) I think I lost it))) It must working good, but I, of cource need to "play" with it to make this working. This summer I get it not working, but I got new errors without crashing WM or something else. I think I need to start from that, and resolve all errors to boot it up))

I also choose image for our mega. This is not tattoo, it something better))) I will use wildfire(buzz) image to use it on our device. It has more similarities in configuration and it will work better then others))

Beta testers-be ready)) When it will be ready, I will choose some of you to test it on your devices.

10/12/2010: I have some progress in developing. I get zImage which is suitable for our devices. Also I will create system.ext to make the first boot of android on mega

And I did some modifications to default.txt, so it almost ready)). If someone can help me to create system.ext - write to my email.

15/01/2011: Sorry, I didn't update news due to health problem. Project is not dead, of course, I will continue working on developing android for our device. It I will have any news-I will write them down here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course I will need some guys to test alfa versions of android. So, if you wanna be in beta testers team-write me in PM or in my email:fisher51112@gmail.com

Also, your donations will stimulate my work
My PayPal:fisher51112@gmail.com

P.s. Sorry for my language. I'm from Russia and my English not perfect. So be loyal))))
paypal: fisher51112@gmail.com --- donation help me thinking)))
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to fisher51112 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Exsoul
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Nice to see people interested in porting android to our mega=). Good luck with the project, hope it works well and lot of people will be happy with you (me included)

shhbz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 966
hope that we will be able to see android up in the phone this time .

ahhl
Old
Thanks Meter 34
i am willing to donate..but a least some beta version...
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE

linksknt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Waiting for some good news
Good Luck fisher51112!

fisher51112
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhl View Post
i am willing to donate..but a least some beta version...
Beta version release will affect on how fast I can boot it on our devices)))

If you want to be beta tester-write me to my email, but it can be dangerous=)

bornotty
Old
Thanks Meter 29
this is really good news.. i will donate after some screenshots or videos of booting maybe ? =)
Currently Using :-

HTC One (GSM)

Rom: MIUI V5 (Official)
Kernel: ElementalX 3.12.1

Accessories:

MOGA Pro Controller
Beats Solo HD

Previous Device :-

Xperia Play r800i (GSM)

JeroenGijselaar
Old
Thanks Meter 247
fisher51112,

Check your mail please! Will be donating too if it will boot correct and functions will work!

fisher51112
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
I just starting this port, so be patient )) I hope to bring good news soon))

ahhl
Old
Thanks Meter 34
fisher, i'll do it. but only on selected beta, as i cannot affort to brick my htc. i've on android/wm previously when i am using polaris.
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE

Tags
android, htc, mega