[Q] How do i unlock the Defy to all Networks

Tip us?

happyd1980
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] How do i unlock the Defy to all Networks

Hello,

Does anybody know a way i can unlock my Defy its currently locked on the T-Mobile UK network, I have tried searching the internet but i can't find anything please help.

Thanks

Chris

philmillman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm also looking for a carrier unlock. Mine is US T-Mobile. Anyone know of a reliable place for unlock codes?

danbutter
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by philmillman View Post
I'm also looking for a carrier unlock. Mine is US T-Mobile. Anyone know of a reliable place for unlock codes?
For Tmo (USA at least)
they will give it to you. You just have to call in and ask. May need to be a customer for a little while, but only if you are on postpaid. If you paid full price you can request unlock code right away.

ILIGCONS
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unlock Motorola Defy

Hello everybrody;

Any news about the unlock codes?

Thanks in advanced.Regards.

xtian63
Old
Thanks Meter 6
i got an HD2 on line and Nuron on prepaid, called tmobile 2 for each phone and less than 24hrs on each occasion i got the unlock code from them
LG Optimus 3D ICS 4.0.4 v28b / $49 Sandisk 64gb UHS-1 msdxc / $5 Ballistic Shell Gel (SG) Series White
AT&T Samsung i917 Focus (is the new backup)
Tmobile LG Optimus T(SOLD)(used to be the backup)
Tmobile HTC HD2 (SOLD)

robrob777
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Thumbs up For Tmobile USA

I got mine. It is free, just call Tmo and ask for the unlock code, tell them you are going to another country for vacations.

I payed full price, if you got the phone with a contract you might have to wait some time to get the unlock code from Tmo as they told me there are certain rules if you buy the phone with discount (aka 2yr contract).

I like Tmobile

T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request
Sim Unlock Reference: 1231232
IMEI: ##################

Unlock Code: ***************

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Below you will see the Instructions for unlocking your Motorola device.

1. Place a non-T Mobile SIM card into the handset and turn the handset on.
2. The handset display should read "SIM network unlock PIN"
3. Tap the box below the message
4. Enter the unlock code and Tap "Unlock"

Note: Device should display "Network unlock successful".

If you receive an error message while performing the instructions do not make any further attempts to unlock the handset. Please be aware that if an excessive amount of incorrect attempts are made, the phone will be permanently locked. You will need to verify the IMEI by pressing *#06# and contact Customer Service for support.

Thank You,

Sim Unlock Department
T-Mobile USA, Inc.

scrannel
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Actually, if you've been a customer for a few years they will give it to you contract price or not. I've never had an issue. However with wifi calling (and the fact that I really need my regular number for my work) I'm less motivated.
The Following User Says Thank You to scrannel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pogo stick
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello everyone!
I am not from US and I bought Defy from a person who got it on Oprah show. Waiting for this phone to arrive soon. It should be locked and I want to unlock it. I will receive copy of Oprah letter enclosed with phone. Something about 3 month of free T-Mobile service and pre-activated sim card.
Now the question. Will I get unlock from T-Mobile if I contact them? Will letter help?

xtian63
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo stick View Post
Hello everyone!
I am not from US and I bought Defy from a person who got it on Oprah show. Waiting for this phone to arrive soon. It should be locked and I want to unlock it. I will receive copy of Oprah letter enclosed with phone. Something about 3 month of free T-Mobile service and pre-activated sim card.
Now the question. Will I get unlock from T-Mobile if I contact them? Will letter help?
http://support.t-mobile.com/doc/tm51885.xml

SIM Unlock Code
For information on the SIM Unlock Code, refer to the following:

If you purchased a wireless phone from T-Mobile, your phone has been programmed with a SIM lock which will prevent the phone from operating with other compatible wireless telephone carrier’s services. If you wish to use the phone with the service of another wireless telephone carrier, you must enter a numeric SIM Unlock Code to unlock the phone.
For customers with a T-Mobile Postpaid Plan, T-Mobile will provide the SIM Unlock Code upon request to eligible customers, provided the requesting customer has a minimum of 40 days of active service with T-Mobile.
For customers with a T-Mobile Prepaid Plan, T-Mobile will provide the SIM Unlock Code upon request to eligible customers, provided the requesting customer has a minimum of 60 days of active service with T-Mobile and either a Prepaid Plan account balance of at least $10.00 or a prior refill within the last 30 days.
T-Mobile will provide the SIM Unlock Code upon request to eligible former customers, provided that T-Mobile has such code or can obtain it from the manufacturer.

You may request the SIM Unlock Code for your phone, together with instructions for entering the code, by calling T-Mobile customer care at 1-800-937-8997

customer support will also tell you Tmobile requires the phone be ACTIVE/USED on Tmo US for atleast 14 days since they can detect phones that use their networks
LG Optimus 3D ICS 4.0.4 v28b / $49 Sandisk 64gb UHS-1 msdxc / $5 Ballistic Shell Gel (SG) Series White
AT&T Samsung i917 Focus (is the new backup)
Tmobile LG Optimus T(SOLD)(used to be the backup)
Tmobile HTC HD2 (SOLD)

ru1dev
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
I got a TMobile (US) DEFY as a gift (I believe it is an Oprah show giveaway) and have been having a very hard time trying to unlock the phone. even the code that TMobile provided was wrong.

Attempts:
1 - TMobile - they said they did not have it in their database and contacted motorola. The code they sent was 8 digits and did not work.

2 - Unlockitnow-com - Paid $20 - Sent me 3 codes and all three did not work (I did a motorola database "not found" lookup) -> I made a youtube video of the code not working to get a refund and they said they are mailing me a sim unlock kit.

3 - Private Unlocker in Toronto - Paid $35 - Sent me 1 code and it was the same as one of the codes from unlockitnow-com so I did not try it as I knew it failed previously -> he then contacted motorola who advised him that the phone may possibly have a network lock and not a simlock so it would require 2 codes?? both 16-digit subsidy codes as the phones sent to Oprah were never sent to TMobile to remove the subsidy codes and insert TMobile 8digit calculated codes.

Debating trying to apply for a subsidy code from GSM liberty -> gsmliberty-net/shop/16-digit-motorola-subsidy-code-p-3213.html

Anyone else with a DEFY from the Oprah Show manage to unlock it? please help! PM or reply!! thanks in advance