Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 47,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Office App

Tip us?

scarter68
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Office App

Is there a free office app that anyone has gotten to work on the g tablet yet that will allow you to open and edit MS office docs?

ewitte
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Documents to Go. I used 2.0 from the apk but 3.0 installed fine after I got market working.

popezaphod
Old
Thanks Meter 13
That's not free to edit docs, though.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

cartoonsandchaos1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Docs

A decent set of applications for editing documents is what we really need. It is probably the most important thing to me. Until there is a application that rivals iwork on the ipad it will always have a one up with people that need the productivity applications.

Google docs is working OK, and it is free, but still not great.

thaigai
Old
(Last edited by thaigai; 1st December 2010 at 01:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
doesn't quickoffice work on the gtab? I believe it was in the tntlite/gapps apk. might want to give that one a try. I was hoping it did, but have not downloaded or installed it yet.

popezaphod
Old
Thanks Meter 13
IIRC it's still only a viewer. You can buy QuickOffice or a comparable app for $10-$15 on the Market. But they are designed for phones and do not take advantage of screen real estate (e.g. no toolbars, etc.).

dragonfly1113
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Not sure if it works on the G Tablet since I did not get mine yet to mess around with it yet but I know Google Docs is just a free website and you can edit all types of office program documents. May just have to maybe use the browser and go to docs.google.com

aabbondanza
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Take a look at 'goodintentions' site. He has a link to Quick Office HD which is MS Office compatible.

http://viewsonic-gtablet-for-dummies...m/download.htm

nvanlaar
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quickoffice HD is very good if you are running one of the Honeycomb varients. Otherwise the standard Quickoffice Pro is pretty good as well. No, they are not free, but you get what you pay for...

BTW - you have to purchase "Pages, "Numbers," and "Keynote" seperately on the iPad to the tune of $10 each. With that in mind Quickoffice is a bargain.

scyld
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Honestly, I've found that the free Olive Office Premium works better for some uses than even some of the non-free office apps. I've used it on my G Tab with Thumb Keyboard, and it's pretty decent. Like I said, sometimes I use it even over the office suites I purchased, namely Quick Office and Documents to Go.

It's simply stupid that there is no port of Open Office to Android. There's no reason for it as far as I can tell.