Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 41,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to add photos to contacts

Tip us?

balajisv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Unable to add photos to contacts

Hi,

I'm a Android newbie. I recently got a Samsung Captivate (default f/w version: I897UCJH7), which I upgraded to Froyo (I897UCJI6) and rooted etc. I also deleted a bunch of stock apps.

The problem: when I try to add a photo to a contact, it fails. When I go from Contacts->Edit-> (click on photo icon) -> Select Photo -> Album - it always says: 'No pictures are available on the phone.' I have photos taken with the phone that are in /sdcard/DCIM/Camera. I also tried with external photos copied into that folder. Not sure if this worked out of the box/prior to all the hacks.

Also, when I go the other way - click the camera app, pick an existing photo and say 'Set As' -> and pick a contact -> it crashes (vibrates) and then throws up this message: 'The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.' This definitely worked out of the box (prior to the upgrade/rooting).

What's wrong - is this a result of the upgrade/loss of some apps? :( How can I fix it? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

koreancanuck
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Hi,

I'm a Android newbie. I recently got a Samsung Captivate (default f/w version: I897UCJH7), which I upgraded to Froyo (I897UCJI6) and rooted etc. I also deleted a bunch of stock apps.

The problem: when I try to add a photo to a contact, it fails. When I go from Contacts->Edit-> (click on photo icon) -> Select Photo -> Album - it always says: 'No pictures are available on the phone.' I have photos taken with the phone that are in /sdcard/DCIM/Camera. I also tried with external photos copied into that folder. Not sure if this worked out of the box/prior to all the hacks.

Also, when I go the other way - click the camera app, pick an existing photo and say 'Set As' -> and pick a contact -> it crashes (vibrates) and then throws up this message: 'The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.' This definitely worked out of the box (prior to the upgrade/rooting).

What's wrong - is this a result of the upgrade/loss of some apps? :( How can I fix it? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
If you have installed the leaked froyo, that has some problems that come along with it. Personally, I have not flashed the leaked froyo bare version so I would not know. I recommened flashing cognition 2.3b6 because it is based on the captivate froyo leak and it is very stable.
TELUS Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317M

Past phones: Bell Galaxy S II, AT&T Captivate, HTC Magic 32B