[Q] Samsung Galaxy S Showcase Questions
Hey there. There is no Showcase forum so I thought I'd stick this here. I just switched to Android from the iPhone and I'm liking what I've discovered so far. I rooted right away and started working and experimenting with Android (of course, I'm somewhat nervous about a potential brick). Anyway, I had a few questions/concerns and I was hoping that those of you that are more experienced with Android could help me out.
1. Concerning ROM Manager: I tried to create a backup and failed due to and error: "failed to verify whole file signature." No idea what this means or how to fix it.
2. The one click lag fix will not work on my phone. I get an error about "no space left on device." However, I have 1.36GB on the internal phone storage and 6.27GB on the SD card.
3. My girlfriend got an HTC Desire and was able to download Mobile Banking for Android and Cut the Rope. Neither of these applications appear in my market interface. The mobile banking app appears in AppBrain, but when I try to load it from the market, it cannot be located.
4. I have an "update.zip" on my SD card and I've no idea where it came from. Can I delete it? Attempting to apply it in recovery mode causes an error.
5. One reason that I wanted to root was to unload the crapware Cellular South included with the phone. I have done this. I was an idiot and did not make any sort of backup of the phone in its orignal state. If I want to reset to factory settings from recovery mode, is this mistake (or any other that I may have made along the way) going to brick me? I had thought about a restore because it has been so finicky with the lag fix, backups, and market, but I'm afraid to do so. I am also concerned that I caused these issues with my inexperience and may like to start from scratch.
6. How in the world would I update to Froyo, and would I want to?
All help is appreciated!