Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I need to brick my unrooted phone into an unrepairable state! Help!

Tip us?

k1ngxjames
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I need to brick my unrooted phone into an unrepairable state! Help!

So I have a broken charger port on my HTC EVO 4G so I put it back to stock ROM and took it back to the store in hopes of having it replaced. However, the charger port being broken is not under warranty so they will not be able to replace it!

Can someone please give me a way to put my phone in a state where I would be able to replace it?

THANKS

alekosy
Old
Thanks Meter 9
If your charger port is broken, and Sprint won't replace your phone, I think that's f'd up... :s

CheesyNutz
Old
Thanks Meter 2953
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngxjames View Post
So I have a broken charger port on my HTC EVO 4G so I put it back to stock ROM and took it back to the store in hopes of having it replaced. However, the charger port being broken is not under warranty so they will not be able to replace it!

Can someone please give me a way to put my phone in a state where I would be able to replace it?

THANKS

Balls sir BIG BRASS BALLS !

justmde
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Pull the usb cord in the middle of odin. Do this at your own risk I could permantly brick your phone and they still wont take it back

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App

animal7296
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:

THANKS
If you have TEP (total equipment protection) Then sprint will repair it free for ya. If you do not have TEP itll cost ya $35. That, my friend, sounds like a better option than bricking your phone and having them still not replace it.

Dissenter
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I got mine replaced when the 4G RSA Keys were "lost" (obviously through my own failure to backup before a root process). They replaced in no questions asked. That would be an easier way of "breaking" the phone without making it useless, in the event they still don't take it back.

willy900wonka
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Well you have hboot to work with. It does seem easier to try another sprint store.

Nefariouss
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Wtf? They replaced mine for broken charger port with a new phone under warranty. Said it would take two days to get me a new phone but arrived in the mail the next day.
Sounds like you need to go back and not talk to the janitor about your charging port.

Dhyneland
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefariouss View Post
Wtf? They replaced mine for broken charger port with a new phone under warranty. Said it would take two days to get me a new phone but arrived in the mail the next day.
Sounds like you need to go back and not talk to the janitor about your charging port.
LMAO @ Janitor

Samsung Galaxy S III
Rom: CM10.1 Nightly
Kernel: Ktoonsez KT747 v3.0.60
Recovery: TWRP v2.4.1.0

ASUS Transformer Prime
Rom: AndroWook Hairy Bean v1.51
Kernel: Clemsyn v3.1.10 @ 1.7
Recovery: TWRP v2.3.0.0

brokenbmx06
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

THANKS
I used to take out the battery and put my phones in the microwave for 10 seconds (or until it looked like something was going to start on fire or explode) then slip the batt back in and take it to the store.