Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

I need to brick my unrooted phone into an unrepairable state! Help!

OP k1ngxjames

30th November 2010, 10:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
So I have a broken charger port on my HTC EVO 4G so I put it back to stock ROM and took it back to the store in hopes of having it replaced. However, the charger port being broken is not under warranty so they will not be able to replace it!

Can someone please give me a way to put my phone in a state where I would be able to replace it?

THANKS
30th November 2010, 10:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 9

181 posts
More
If your charger port is broken, and Sprint won't replace your phone, I think that's f'd up... :s
30th November 2010, 10:56 PM   |  #3  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 3,131

11,554 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngxjames

So I have a broken charger port on my HTC EVO 4G so I put it back to stock ROM and took it back to the store in hopes of having it replaced. However, the charger port being broken is not under warranty so they will not be able to replace it!

Can someone please give me a way to put my phone in a state where I would be able to replace it?

THANKS

Balls sir BIG BRASS BALLS !
30th November 2010, 10:58 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

71 posts
More
Pull the usb cord in the middle of odin. Do this at your own risk I could permantly brick your phone and they still wont take it back

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App
30th November 2010, 11:02 PM   |  #5  
Salt Lake City, UT.
Thanks Meter: 98

992 posts
Quote:

THANKS

If you have TEP (total equipment protection) Then sprint will repair it free for ya. If you do not have TEP itll cost ya $35. That, my friend, sounds like a better option than bricking your phone and having them still not replace it.
30th November 2010, 11:04 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 5

91 posts
I got mine replaced when the 4G RSA Keys were "lost" (obviously through my own failure to backup before a root process). They replaced in no questions asked. That would be an easier way of "breaking" the phone without making it useless, in the event they still don't take it back.
30th November 2010, 11:18 PM   |  #7  
Flag Penguinville
Thanks Meter: 74

636 posts
More
Well you have hboot to work with. It does seem easier to try another sprint store.
1st December 2010, 03:24 PM   |  #8  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 121

457 posts
More
Wtf? They replaced mine for broken charger port with a new phone under warranty. Said it would take two days to get me a new phone but arrived in the mail the next day.
Sounds like you need to go back and not talk to the janitor about your charging port.
1st December 2010, 03:34 PM   |  #9  
Flag Kansas City, Mo
Thanks Meter: 57

229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefariouss

Wtf? They replaced mine for broken charger port with a new phone under warranty. Said it would take two days to get me a new phone but arrived in the mail the next day.
Sounds like you need to go back and not talk to the janitor about your charging port.

LMAO @ Janitor
1st December 2010, 03:56 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

61 posts
Quote:

THANKS

I used to take out the battery and put my phones in the microwave for 10 seconds (or until it looked like something was going to start on fire or explode) then slip the batt back in and take it to the store.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread