Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,531 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Signapktic: Onboard apk & zip signing, now with GUI

Tip us?

Fnorder
Old
(Last edited by Fnorder; 1st December 2010 at 03:52 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 318
Default [APP] Signapktic: Onboard apk & zip signing, now with GUI

This app lets one (re)sign update.zips and application.apks from the phone itself - no development environment or computer needed.

Signapktic is a collaboration between Stericson and I; He wrote a frontend to utilize my commandline script. It's available on the market via market://details?id=com.stericson.signapktic

Currently there's a free version with evil ads cluttering up the screen, soon there will be a 99 cent ad-free version. =]

(Ad version shown, but they're broken because I cheat >.> )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	11479
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	453762  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fnorder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Captainkrtek
Old
Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 553
Thanks for this! will write up for the portal soon
Captainkrtek
The Following User Says Thank You to Captainkrtek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

britoso
Old
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
So is Stericson incorporating the script into metamorph too ?
Software Developer (Java/J2EE)
Phone: Nexus 5 32GB -> PA 4.4.2 + XPosed
Phone: Galaxy Nexus-> OmniMetal CM11
Phone: Nexus One (killed while replacing the digitizer)-> CM10.1 AOKP Unofficial Nightlies
Tablet
: Nook Color -> CM10.1 Nightlies
Tablet
: HP Touchpad -> CM10.1 -SCHIZOID
Stick: CX-919 RK3188/2GB (4.2.2 Finless 1.6b. FHD no-OC. Antutu 16753 Quadrant 4723)

Links:
My Apps (ancient now) [CPUStatusLED] [MoreRecent]
My Threads
My Posts
Transparent widgets

invisiblek
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,371

DONATE TO ME
awesome! thanks guys!

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

#verizons3 | #sgs4 | #cm-htc @ freenode

READ THIS

overground
Old
Moderator & Developer Committee / Recognized Developer - xxxda-developers Founder
Thanks Meter 1,204
Location: Oxnard, CA Likes: Los Angeles Lakers Dislikes: Heavy petting zoos
Ahh, the tools he puts on our phone. Awaiting donate version.

T-mobile SDA, T-mobile G1 (bronze) Rooted, Nexus One Rooted 4.0.4, T-mobile G2x Rooted, Viewsonic G-tab 10.1", HTC OneX (SOLD), Kindle Fire Rooted, T-mobile SGS3 rooted, Note 10.1 rooted / GDE=360s of fun!! / pinkventure.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumfuq View Post
That is correct. Or you cold use the escape sequence instead of quotes.
Code:
sh /system/sd/bart.sh Double\ post -d -u -m -f -u -q knockeduphooker9.1.1Full10-26-09
Buy me some meds

KCRic
Old
(Last edited by KCRic; 2nd December 2010 at 04:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 243
Now this is one d*** useful tool. I love it, love you guys and love to donate as soon as you put up a donate version or link on here.

EDIT: DL'd from market, I'd rate 5 stars but since I'm having issues with the market not installing things I had to do it manually. Obviously I can't rate it but will do so when I fix the issue and buy the donate version when it comes.
MyTouch 3G (Yeah, I know...) Rooted w/ unlocked bootloader - Retired
G2 (Desire Z) Rooted w/ unlocked bootloader and carrier restriction - Retired
Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S II) - Retired
Nexus 4 16GB - Rooted w/ unlocked bootloader - Retired
T - Mobile Galaxy S 4 - Knox Free. Running Wicked v10 w/ Chronic kernel - Current

24kbps 1080p w/ 320kbps audio @ 48KHz camera mod by me. Also w/ How-to.

brandonheatbeyondthegrave
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How useful would this be for say.. signing app inventor apps. would it still require more steps to get to market such as altering the manifest etc

smoochiezz24
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Wow!! This has been the app I've been waiting for since I've had android!! and that is surely no exaggeration! To be honest, I didn't even think it would be possible considering how complicated signing is on a pc. (For me atleast). This program makes it so easy and carefree. I have no complaints and I plan on donating. Maybe one request though? Some nice intergration with ninjamorph would be perfect. Allowing you to edit apk's with ninja and then also sign within the app with your new tool. Oohh how perfect that would be!!!

foxdog66
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochiezz24 View Post
Wow!! This has been the app I've been waiting for since I've had android!! and that is surely no exaggeration! To be honest, I didn't even think it would be possible considering how complicated signing is on a pc. (For me atleast). This program makes it so easy and carefree. I have no complaints and I plan on donating. Maybe one request though? Some nice intergration with ninjamorph would be perfect. Allowing you to edit apk's with ninja and then also sign within the app with your new tool. Oohh how perfect that would be!!!
i agree, the only thing we need now is an app that patches those .9 pngs. one that auto patched them would be sick!

smoochiezz24
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxdog66 View Post
i agree, the only thing we need now is an app that patches those .9 pngs. one that auto patched them would be sick!
From my understanding, a .9 png is some sort of "stretched" image correct? What specific images are .9's? For instance, is the status bar background an instance of a .9 png?