No registration required

[APP] Signapktic: Onboard apk & zip signing, now with GUI

OP Fnorder

1st December 2010, 04:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lake Vostok
Thanks Meter: 318

153 posts
This app lets one (re)sign update.zips and application.apks from the phone itself - no development environment or computer needed.

Signapktic is a collaboration between Stericson and I; He wrote a frontend to utilize my commandline script. It's available on the market via market://details?id=com.stericson.signapktic

Currently there's a free version with evil ads cluttering up the screen, soon there will be a 99 cent ad-free version. =]

(Ad version shown, but they're broken because I cheat >.> )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	11815
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	453762  
Last edited by Fnorder; 1st December 2010 at 04:52 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fnorder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2010, 05:32 PM   |  #2  
Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 555

2,514 posts
Thanks for this! will write up for the portal soon
The Following User Says Thank You to Captainkrtek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2010, 05:43 PM   |  #3  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 286

2,743 posts
Donate to Me
More
So is Stericson incorporating the script into metamorph too ?
1st December 2010, 06:44 PM   |  #5  
Moderator & Developer Committee / Recognized Developer - xxxda-developers Founder
Flag Oxnard, CA Likes: Los Angeles Lakers Dislikes: Heavy petting zoos
Thanks Meter: 1,300

5,346 posts
More
Ahh, the tools he puts on our phone. Awaiting donate version.
2nd December 2010, 05:38 PM   |  #6  
Flag Overland Park
Thanks Meter: 243

1,134 posts
More
Now this is one d*** useful tool. I love it, love you guys and love to donate as soon as you put up a donate version or link on here.

EDIT: DL'd from market, I'd rate 5 stars but since I'm having issues with the market not installing things I had to do it manually. Obviously I can't rate it but will do so when I fix the issue and buy the donate version when it comes.
Last edited by KCRic; 2nd December 2010 at 05:53 PM.
2nd December 2010, 08:08 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
How useful would this be for say.. signing app inventor apps. would it still require more steps to get to market such as altering the manifest etc
2nd December 2010, 08:54 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 123

409 posts
More
Wow!! This has been the app I've been waiting for since I've had android!! and that is surely no exaggeration! To be honest, I didn't even think it would be possible considering how complicated signing is on a pc. (For me atleast). This program makes it so easy and carefree. I have no complaints and I plan on donating. Maybe one request though? Some nice intergration with ninjamorph would be perfect. Allowing you to edit apk's with ninja and then also sign within the app with your new tool. Oohh how perfect that would be!!!
2nd December 2010, 10:55 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 44

414 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochiezz24

Wow!! This has been the app I've been waiting for since I've had android!! and that is surely no exaggeration! To be honest, I didn't even think it would be possible considering how complicated signing is on a pc. (For me atleast). This program makes it so easy and carefree. I have no complaints and I plan on donating. Maybe one request though? Some nice intergration with ninjamorph would be perfect. Allowing you to edit apk's with ninja and then also sign within the app with your new tool. Oohh how perfect that would be!!!

i agree, the only thing we need now is an app that patches those .9 pngs. one that auto patched them would be sick!
2nd December 2010, 11:24 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 123

409 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxdog66

i agree, the only thing we need now is an app that patches those .9 pngs. one that auto patched them would be sick!

From my understanding, a .9 png is some sort of "stretched" image correct? What specific images are .9's? For instance, is the status bar background an instance of a .9 png?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread