One click Radio S-OFF tool
HTC - Quietly Unlocked
This tool will make a Desire HD Radio S-OFF after it has been permrooted with Visionary. After running this tool, you can flash any ROM and kernel to your device using ClockworkMod. No bootloader S-OFF needed! You use this tool at your own risk!
What's the difference to other methods?
First of all, this is easy. The steps are straightforward, you do not need to tinker with complicated command line stuff. Radio S-OFF is the way these devices are meant to be made S-OFF, it is a safe way. If you use this method, reverting to stock is very easy! Unfortunately without ENG bootloader (my other tool) you cannot use fastboot commands (advanced stuff) and, for example, my Kernel Update Utility. To make a raw comparison, this tool is for everybody including new users and the eng hboot S-OFF version is for enthusiasts. Many experienced users have both, because having both allows supreme flexibility.
I recommend to use Radio S-OFF instead of traditional bootloader ENG S-OFF, because this can be more easily removed and is much much safer!
- Windows XP SP2 or higher
- .NET Framework 4.0
- HTC Sync (or ADB drivers)
- Desire HD with stock kernel (or Apache14's 1.0.7 / 1.1.4 Sense)
- It will not work on 1.72.405.3 or higher build, or new radio (12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.26_M is ok). Downgrade first!!
So, in detail, the Root & S-OFF process goes like this:
- Install Visionary
- Open Visionary and tap temproot, then attempt permroot now. Your device will reboot.
- Connect your phone to a computer (make sure you have USB Debugging enabled. Connect charge only!)
- Download the Radio S-OFF tool and place it in the root of your hard drive (c:\[tool folder goes here])
- Open my "Desire HD easy radio tool.exe" (Windows 7, right click & run as administrator), choose the first option, click "Do it"! There may be a SuperUser request on your phone, allow it.
- Done. (Remember to click the thanks button)
- But you might want to continue if you are a new user:
- If you want to flash a radio (to improve signal and battery life) some day, do ENG S-OFF (no need to use Visionary again, just run the tool)
- To flash a custom rom: Get Rom manager from the market, which will install a ClockWorkMod recovery for you. Just open it up and tap "Flash ClockworkMod recovery"
- Download a custom ROM, put it to your SD, and flash it using Rom manager or ClockworkMod itself. You can access ClockworkMod through Rom manager. It is recommended to do "wipe data / factory reset" in ClockworkMod before installing ROM from SD card.
It will create a backup of your phone partition 7 (radio config) to the root of your sdcard, I recommend to keep that somewhere really safe!
To go back to S-ON:
- Flash stock ROM (RUU, not over 1.7)
- Temproot using Visionary
- Use my tool, do Stock CID and S-ON (enter brand CID if you had a branded device, see second post)
- Enjoy your factory-state phone
If you like my work, please consider: (or just hit the thanks button )
Thanks: Paul O'Brien for visionary, scotty2 and others who found the method to patch P7, Guhl and everyone else who has worked on the G2 root, gfree and wpthis, link to the source code, those have been released under GPL