This tool will make a Desire HD Radio S-OFF after it has been permrooted with Visionary. After running this tool, you can flash any ROM and kernel to your device using ClockworkMod. No bootloader S-OFF needed! You use this tool at your own risk!
What's the difference to other methods?
First of all, this is easy. The steps are straightforward, you do not need to tinker with complicated command line stuff. Radio S-OFF is the way these devices are meant to be made S-OFF, it is a safe way. If you use this method, reverting to stock is very easy! Unfortunately without ENG bootloader (my other tool) you cannot use fastboot commands (advanced stuff) and, for example, my Kernel Update Utility. To make a raw comparison, this tool is for everybody including new users and the eng hboot S-OFF version is for enthusiasts. Many experienced users have both, because having both allows supreme flexibility.
I recommend to use Radio S-OFF instead of traditional bootloader ENG S-OFF, because this can be more easily removed and is much much safer!
Windows XP SP2 or higher
.NET Framework 4.0
HTC Sync (or ADB drivers)
Desire HD with stock kernel (or Apache14's 1.0.7 / 1.1.4 Sense)
It will not work on 1.72.405.3 or higher build, or new radio (12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.26_M is ok). Downgrade first!!
So, in detail, the Root & S-OFF process goes like this:
Open Visionary and tap temproot, then attempt permroot now. Your device will reboot.
Connect your phone to a computer (make sure you have USB Debugging enabled. Connect charge only!)
Download the Radio S-OFF tool and place it in the root of your hard drive (c:\[tool folder goes here])
Open my "Desire HD easy radio tool.exe" (Windows 7, right click & run as administrator), choose the first option, click "Do it"! There may be a SuperUser request on your phone, allow it.
Done. (Remember to click the thanks button)
But you might want to continue if you are a new user:
If you want to flash a radio (to improve signal and battery life) some day, do ENG S-OFF (no need to use Visionary again, just run the tool)
To flash a custom rom: Get Rom manager from the market, which will install a ClockWorkMod recovery for you. Just open it up and tap "Flash ClockworkMod recovery"
Download a custom ROM, put it to your SD, and flash it using Rom manager or ClockworkMod itself. You can access ClockworkMod through Rom manager. It is recommended to do "wipe data / factory reset" in ClockworkMod before installing ROM from SD card.
It will create a backup of your phone partition 7 (radio config) to the root of your sdcard, I recommend to keep that somewhere really safe!
To go back to S-ON:
Flash stock ROM (RUU, not over 1.7)
Temproot using Visionary
Use my tool, do Stock CID and S-ON (enter brand CID if you had a branded device, see second post)
Enjoy your factory-state phone
If you like my work, please consider: (or just hit the thanks button )
Thanks: Paul O'Brien for visionary, scotty2 and others who found the method to patch P7, Guhl and everyone else who has worked on the G2 root, gfree and wpthis, link to the source code, those have been released under GPL
Download link is in the end of the second post
SE X1 → Garmin-Asus A10 → HTC Desire HD → Galaxy Nexus → Nexus 4
[TOOL][VIDEO] One click Radio S-OFF, SimUnlock (Easy Root Guide)
FAQ: Q: Why is this Radio Tool, does it flash a radio?
- From end user's view, it has nothing to do with radios, the name comes from the S-OFF technique this tool uses. Q: I cannot find "System Info" in SHIP bootloader
- That is normal, just refer to the CID list when reverting to stock. Q: How can I revert to full stock, I have ClockworkMod and/or ENG S-OFF too?
- Just follow the S-ON instructions. Q: Can I use ENG S-OFF with this one? Which one first?
- Yes you can, it does not really matter, but I would do Radio S-OFF first. Q: Does no fastboot stuff mean slow device startup (no HTC Fastboot)?
- No, I am talking about issuing commands to the bootloader through USB. Q: Is this Radio S-OFF permanent, does it go away if I flash RUU/factory reset?
- It is permanent until you remove it using this tool. Q: I already had ENG S-OFF and I ran the tool, how do I find out if it worked?
- If you used the first option, see bootloader system info. There should be CID-11111111. Q: I have now ENG S-OFF and Radio S-OFF, how do I get to stock?
- Just follow the S-ON instructions, everything will be back to stock. Q: I have 1.72 or higher system, what should I do??
- Downgrade using this guide, or flash Raidroid if you already have ENG S-OFF & ClockworkMod. Q: I tried to flash a radio, but it says not allowed!
- You will also need ENG S-OFF to flash radios, because ENG S-OFF enables fastboot commands. Q: I want to make my device stock, I cannot find the RUU but I have a backup of the stock rom.
- Follow these instructions.
Checking the device state:
- Go to the bootloader (turn fastboot off, turn off phone, hold vol- and power)
- If it says ACE PVT SHIP S-OFF in the first line, your device is Radio S-OFF
- If it says ACE PVT ENG S-OFF, you have ENG S-OFF, go to System info
- If system info CID is 11111111, your device is SuperCID
- And if you can verify either Radio S-OFF or SuperCID (and you did both), it worked fine and you have both of them
- You can check your original CID by going to radio tool folder with cmd and typing: "adb shell getprop ro.cid"
- Unbranded: "HTC__001"
- O2: "O2___102"
- Orange: "ORANG001"
- German T-Mobile: "T-MOB101"
- Vodaphone UK: "VODAP001"
- More here
- "Unknown error, probably connection"? See here, try with WiFi enabled.
- If that^ did not help, open a command window, go to the tool folder, and type: "adb shell" and "su". Then leave the window in the background, and run the tool again.
- "SD card failed"? When phone is connected to PC, check with some file manager that SD is accessible and works. Try another SD.
- Make sure you are rooted by downloading Terminal emulator from the market, write "su", '#' should appear.
- Check all the requirements. Twice. HTC Sync is mandatory!
- Keep your phone awake when you are running the tool, a superuser window might appear. You have to allow.
- Check your SD card, and tell us in the thread if a p7backup appeared on it.
- If it says Done and the CID does not change in ENG bootloader, you have most likely flashed too new radio.
It’s been well established that XDA-Developers isthedestination for resources relating to … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?