Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Dell Venue Pro on AT&T?

OP kimck99

2nd December 2010, 04:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

50 posts
I was at the AT&T store today and was talking to a sales rep. I am currently with AT&T on family plan and I told him that I was going to cancel my phone (the primary line) to T-Mobile to pick up the DVP.

Well, he told me that a Microsoft rep told him that T-Mobile had a 45 day exclusivity on the DVP starting from the launch date (11/8). Further, the DVP will be on 3 carriers once the exclusivity runs out. Now the speculation on the other two was Verizon and possibly AT&T.

He also said that the 3 WP7 phones at AT&T were under the 45 day exclusivity as well and that other carriers would be carrying the three devices currently at AT&T.

He wasn't sure if and when all this would happen but if in fact AT&T will be getting the DVP soon, I can hold out a bit longer as the only reason I was planning on switching to Tmo was for the DVP.

Don't mean to start a wild rumor thread but thought I share what I heard and would like to know if others have heard something similar.

Happy Holidays...
Last edited by kimck99; 2nd December 2010 at 05:14 AM.
2nd December 2010, 05:03 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 11

396 posts
More
Thats interesting news.
2nd December 2010, 07:57 PM   |  #3  
Flag Los Angeles

27 posts
More
I'm on AT&T too and planning to move to TMobile just for this phone. Hope you're right.
3rd December 2010, 07:00 AM   |  #4  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 21

203 posts
More
That's good news. I currently have a Focus but still miss a hardware keyboard. 45 Days would put it right after the holiday season which would allow carriers to make their money before the agreement ends. Let's hope this is true.

I hope someone will be able to enable tethering on the DVP and that will be perfect.
4th December 2010, 04:35 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

308 posts
lies that carriers tell you to keep you. dont know for sure tho

i rather have dvp with webos or android. wp7, ill wait till 2nd or 3rd gen
Last edited by c_legaspi; 4th December 2010 at 04:38 AM.
4th December 2010, 09:53 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_legaspi

lies that carriers tell you to keep you. dont know for sure tho

i rather have dvp with webos or android. wp7, ill wait till 2nd or 3rd gen

Agreed. I have some doubts that something like this will actuall happen. Nevertheless, I'll give it some time - until the reviews of the new and improved launched (part deux) DVPs.

I'm hoping to hear some more from folks who may knowledge or have heard something similar in the meanwhile.
4th December 2010, 02:34 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

74 posts
Would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. If it were true, that would put us 2 weeks out and this would be the first real rumor I've heard. Things like this tend to get leaked in advance. Kind of telling that there hasn't been any FCC filings for the additional radio flavors either. We can still cross our fingers though.
4th December 2010, 06:54 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 7

160 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickk

Would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. If it were true, that would put us 2 weeks out and this would be the first real rumor I've heard. Things like this tend to get leaked in advance. Kind of telling that there hasn't been any FCC filings for the additional radio flavors either. We can still cross our fingers though.

maybe thats the Dell Venue?
the one with android and without the keyboard?
5th December 2010, 05:18 PM   |  #9  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 38

400 posts
More
Another clue might be a statement from Greg Milligan of Microsoft Canada: “the first manufacturers are LG, Samsung, HTC, we’ll have those available here in Canada. We also see Dell coming into the market as well and some other manufacturers in 2011”. (http://mobilesyrup.com/2010/11/29/mi...ing-to-canada/)

In Canada, AT&T frequencies are dominant right now: ever since Bell and Telus stopped expanding their CDMA network and built an all-3G UMTS/HSPA+ national network on 850/1900, pretty much all their new 3G devices are GSM. Add that to Rogers' existing 850/1900 GSM/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA+ network, and you're looking at AT&T frequency compatibility from our three biggest national carriers. They all launched AT&T-compatible Windows Phone 7 devices last month.

The new "urban" carriers - Wind, Mobilicity, Videotron - are running AWS in major cities. But none of these carriers have launched any WP7 devices.

Dell could just launch the DVP in its current configuration on Wind or Mobilicity (or both). It could also launch the DVP as an EDGE-only device on Rogers (very unlikely). Or, it could build a new DVP with 850/1900 3G support and release it on any combination of Rogers, Bell and Telus for a much larger customer base.
5th December 2010, 10:30 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 7

160 posts
was planning to get the t-mobile version, but i am not sure if i should right now
i am on at&t and i dropped my phone in water last week, want a smartphone so bad right now...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread