Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,090 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

This phone or X8?

Tip us?

oFFoy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default This phone or X8?

they both have the same price and both are pretty similar. i am wondering which phone can run games better? and how does 256k colors impact picture quality? because x8 xperia has 16mil colors.

DaemonAshra
Old
Thanks Meter 74
well, in terms of games, the X8 has a 1200 mAh battery while the LGOO has 1500 mAh's. thats going to give you some more battery time to play games. and as an owner of the LGOO, i can say that games look fine. even if the X8 has more colors, I dont think you'll see much of a difference if the games arent made to take advantage of the higher color range.

another thing is the X8 uses a skinned version of android while the LGOO has a pretty stock version of 2.2 with most of the original features. if you like time scape, then cool, but i personally dont like it at all.
HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC HD 2 > MyTouch 3G > Motorola CLIQ > Motorola CLIQ XT > LG Optimus T > iPhone 4 > Droid Incredible 2 > LG Revolution > Galaxy Nexus > Droid 4 > Galaxy S III > Galaxy Note II > Droid Maxx > Xperia Z > Moto G > Moto X > iPhone 5s > LG G2

HaduMoesa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by oFFoy View Post
they both have the same price and both are pretty similar. i am wondering which phone can run games better? and how does 256k colors impact picture quality? because x8 xperia has 16mil colors.
What drew me to the OO as opposed to the X8 was the amount of RAM: 512MB on the OO vs. 168MB on the X8 and of course Android 2.2 versus 1.6 on the X8.

I've tested phones with higher color screens, but I haven't noticed any real-life difference due to the 256k color limit, neither during gameplay nor during movie/photo viewing.

In the end, they're both budget Android phones so (advanced) gaming simply isn't their forté, but I reckon the OO will do a better job under most circumstances.

oFFoy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
thx for replies. just found that OO has some bug where cpu load goes up to 100% when you touch the screen, i wonder will it be fixed or the phone is made to work this way

allsalvati
Old
Thanks Meter 16
The problem of CPU load when touch the screen happens with another devices to.
My brother have a Motorola Milestone and the same happens running Android 2.1.

sanmikasan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default choose LGOO

had the same dilemma last week
I went with optimus
because :
a.)FROYO vs 1.6 in x8 -(2.1 is the latest I heard from SE but still, check web between the difference of 2.1 and 2.2 it's HUGE.
b.)The built is much better for me, more solid, a bit heavier, but it's bec of the more powerful battery(believe me you'll need battery!!!!)

Mooseolly2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
pocket legend works fine on optimus one

perryl
Old
Thanks Meter 0
ram: 512mb vs 168mb
battery: 1500mah vs 1200mah
display: 3.2'' vs 3.0''

OO wins

xilw3r
Old
Thanks Meter 39
you cant possibly see any difference between 16m color screen and 256k, theyre just nubers to raise the price

the human eye can recognise up to 70k colors as ive heard anyway... so both are above your capabilities ,unless ur some super-eye man

sovikhaque
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Used X8 for couple of weeks and then got Optimus One and Optimus One is much nicer to use. Its faster and Android 2.2 makes everything smoother to run