UIFlex is a fork of StartProgWOSense with one major difference: It can function with any phone shell including, but not limited to; HTC Sense and SPB Mobile Shell. Thanks go to cyber-junkie for the initial idea and coding the excellent base that UIFlex has grown up from. Also to Mort for writing Mortscript, without whom none of this would have been possible!
In a nutshell, everybody loves a beautiful UI! Unfortunately beauty comes with a price-lots of our precious RAM! So, the goal of UIFlex is to allow you to run memory heavy programs without having to first disable your eye-candy laden shell, run the program and then re-enable your shell.
It has two modes of operation:
- Background monitoring: The script can be configured to start when your device boots. In this mode, you define a set of programs and when UIFlex notices one it will disable your beautiful UI for you and re-enable it when the program exits.
- QuickLaunch: This functionality is designed for programs that simply will not start (e.g. due to low memory) while the shell is running. A QuickLaunch script disables the shell first and then runs the program.
I have re-licensed the software under the GNU General Public License with a blessing from cyber-junkie. There are various reasons for this but the main one is that it ensures the software and your rights will always be protected. Basically, you are free to modify/redistribute/sell the software but it must always remain under the GPL.
Version and Release Info
The main release will be the cabinet installer file. Updates will usually be produced as zip files, to use the updates just unzip the files into your existing UIFlex folder, overwriting any existing files. Versions are numbered just like any good Open Source project:
- The first number is the major version-features and compatibility generally won't change in a major version.
- The second is the minor version-odd numbers are development for the next stable even number.
- The third number is the release number.
- If there is a fourth, it's a bugfix release number.
I give you UIFlex 126.96.36.199
Appreciate my work?
188.8.131.52: - Fix synax error, missing comma. 184.108.40.206: - Re-enabled setup wizard on first run - Minor tweak to background script 220.127.116.11: - Minor bugfix for QuickLauncher's not restarting the UI when the background script isn't running - More work done on ExeTest() > Now confirms what Exe to add even if only one found > If cancel pressed in list, Input() dialog is shown - QuickLaunchers will no longer add scripts with no EXE - Included Language Translator > Minor English language file update > Language Files now stored in "language\UIFlexGUI" - Minor Background script tweak - Minor GUI update - Protected against setting timings to 0 2.7.9: - Seperated Purely GUI functions into own file - ExeTest() rewritten > Better support for chainlaunched programs > Quicker to add programs to list - Added IsInArray() function > Because InArray() never works past the first element for me > SpinProtect() now uses this - GUI select file dialog remembers last location - Updated Translation: English - Background script updated in case Sense fails to start 2.7.8: - Included control of script timings (main and spinlock) - Removed RegRead from ToggleUI() - SpinLock() nolonger calls ToggleUI() - Minor code cleanup 2.7.7: - Tweaked QuickLaunch function - Fixed WindowReverseWait() infinite waiting state - Reduced latency of SpinLock() to 500ms 2.7.6: - Updated CAB to include latest MortScript 4.3.b15 - Fixed bug in SelectToday() that prevents a blank Background Today screen 2.7.5.areal: Initial Release