Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

anyone tried writing?

OP sudermatt

2nd December 2010, 09:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag thousand oaks
Thanks Meter: 85

749 posts
I am wonderimg if anyone has tried using one of those capacitive screen stylus pens.

It would be greay if we could draw on this thing.
or even take notes
2nd December 2010, 09:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag NW Ark
Thanks Meter: 35

373 posts
More
stylus
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudermatt

I am wonderimg if anyone has tried using one of those capacitive screen stylus pens.

or even take notes

That would be nice and use it on one of the drawing/painting apps in the market.
17th January 2011, 09:20 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcasey

That would be nice and use it on one of the drawing/painting apps in the market.

Just bought a Targus stylus today. It works well for misc. scribbles, but if you want to do serious note taking it doesn't work very well. Parts of letters are blanked out, almost like a pencil skipping across paper. I have tried several different notepad applications, all with roughly the same results. The pen and the NC screen might have a 50-50 split on blame. I've also found that the pen works better if held at close to a 90deg angle to the screen - which isn't very natural/comfortable for writing.

All of that being said, will I take the stylus back? Probably not, it works great for keyboard input and selecting buttons/aps/etc....

If you run across a great note taking app, let me know.
17th January 2011, 10:41 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 25

119 posts
I am currently working on the same goal, I'd like to take notes in class with mine. I ordered a BoxWave Stylus and a Dagi stylus. The boxwave works ok, but it requires more pressure than what's comfortable, and you can't tell where it's going to write which ends in very crappy looking letters and numbers. The Dagi sounds promising, but I haven't received it yet. I'll post up results.
17th January 2011, 10:43 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 10

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudermatt

or even take notes

Check this out in the accessories forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=896838
18th January 2011, 12:45 AM   |  #6  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,113

7,007 posts
More
http://www.appbrain.com/app/genial-w....genialwriting

Seems like a good enough app.. Don't have a stylus, I just use my finger. Although it's not great, needs some zoom adjustments.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread