Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 45,939 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TRUE PermaRoot and the ULTIMATE S=Off!!! Check this out even if you're rooted!!!

Tip us?

topgun303
Old
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by boroarke View Post
Thanks for the quick responses everyone. I'll give that a try and post back my results. Once I uninstall r14 and install r11, do I need to redo the process again starting for the following point:
6. Run visionary to gain temp root.

7. Open terminal emulator on your device, type "su", and hit enter to gain root privileges.

8. Type "cd /data/local" and hit enter.

9. Now type "chmod 777 gfree" and hit enter to make the program executable.

10. Type "./gfree" and hit enter.

11. Wait for the program to finish and then reboot into HBoot to see if S=Off. Also, check your bootloader version. If it says s=off and has bootloader version 0.86.0000 it worked.
Also, the link above to r11 has three different versions of Visionary but not sure which one I need, none of them say r11. Any idea? Sorry, I'm trying not to ask too many questions.
Download the one in the middle and then once installed. Now open visionary and Make sure "set system r/w after root" checked then click on "root". that should do the trick. I would try getting the su first before you go to step 8.

boroarke
Old
(Last edited by boroarke; 4th December 2010 at 04:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks all for the help, I got it to work. Simply temp rooted again with r14 with set system r/w after root checked. After that, I clicked on permroot or something like that. I was then given su access and was able to finish the rest of the steps without any issues. I now have S-Off and 0.85.2007! Thanks everyone!

topgun303
Old
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by boroarke View Post
Thanks all for the help, I got it to work. Simply temp rooted again with r14 with set system r/w after root checked. After that, I clicked on permroot or something like that. I was then given su access and was able to finish the rest of the steps without any issues. I now have S-Off and 0.85.2007! Thanks everyone!
Perfect I am glad it worked for you

KenpoAP
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by grankin01 View Post
KenpoAP, what do you mean stikk simlock? Have you tried an at&t sim card?

Boroake, try running visionary temp root with set system r/w after root again. Then try the permroot option. This just turns s off you need to run visionary again to make root permanent.

My MyGlacier 4G MINE!!!
I am s=off and permrooted! My bootloader still said simlock! Is that an issue! Cid is 11111111 etc!

I use your old method! Flawless!

I'm also in .85 in bootloader!
I follow thr trrminal steps and it says done at the end! Went back to the bootloader and the simlock option is still there! I'm done or dod I do something wrong! Is that option need to be there or it has to be gone!?!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

grankin01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 650

DONATE TO ME
Find a friend with an at&t simcard and see if it works. Mine still says simlock and I checked with a coworkers at&t sim and it worked fine.

I don't think it showing up on the hboot screen is a problem.

My MyGlacier 4G MINE!!!
MyTouch 4G (rooted, superCID, etc)

HTC One X Rooted (No S = Off ... yet )

KenpoAP
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by grankin01 View Post
Find a friend with an at&t simcard and see if it works. Mine still says simlock and I checked with a coworkers at&t sim and it worked fine.

I don't think it showing up on the hboot screen is a problem.

My MyGlacier 4G MINE!!!
I'll do that and come back with an answer. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

borodin1
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Worked like a charm (although I did everything in ADB)! Verified with my international SIM.
Thanks to all.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus / Stock
BN Nook Color / Stock

THANK ME if I helped you!

frostmartinez
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Interesting side effects

Encountered some interesting side effects, and mind you, I'm not complaining. Did the gfree process, running hboot .85 from prior permaroot. For all intensive purposes, the phone appears to still be sim locked, where it displays simlock and cid tmob030. The interesting part is that if fastboot is not enabled, the phone will reboot into clockwork, and after having been rebooted out of clockwork, will come up in airplane mode.

larryg2k3
Old
Thanks Meter 8
This worked for me, however it seems now that if I turn my phone off and plug it in, it automatically boots into clockwork recovery. Do you know why?
LG Google Nexus 5
Nokia Lumia 920
HTC Glacier | CM 7.0 | 1.8GHz
Blackberry Curve *Black Edition*

grankin01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 650

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostmartinez View Post
Encountered some interesting side effects, and mind you, I'm not complaining. Did the gfree process, running hboot .85 from prior permaroot. For all intensive purposes, the phone appears to still be sim locked, where it displays simlock and cid tmob030. The interesting part is that if fastboot is not enabled, the phone will reboot into clockwork, and after having been rebooted out of clockwork, will come up in airplane mode.
This is the first I have heard about this and it is an interesting situation indeed. Have you tried running the gfree program again to see if it will "even everything out"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryg2k3 View Post
This worked for me, however it seems now that if I turn my phone off and plug it in, it automatically boots into clockwork recovery. Do you know why?
This was a known "bug" from the beginning ever since rooting and clockwork for our device came about. Mine does the same thing but it's only when it is plugged in and off. Since I hardly ever shut my phone down I haven't worried about this.
MyTouch 4G (rooted, superCID, etc)

HTC One X Rooted (No S = Off ... yet )