Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

TRUE PermaRoot and the ULTIMATE S=Off!!! Check this out even if you're rooted!!!

OP grankin01

24th April 2012, 10:57 PM   |  #971  
Flag CA/HI
Thanks Meter: 7

190 posts
Donate to Me
More
DOES THIS WORK ON ANY ANDRIOD DEVICE?

looking to root a galaxy pad (tmo).. and there seems to be multiple methods.. probably some older versions.. so i was wondering is it essentially the same method to root any android device?
24th April 2012, 11:01 PM   |  #972  
Recognized Contributor / Developer
Flag Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 3,341

4,888 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkiee24

DOES THIS WORK ON ANY ANDRIOD DEVICE?

looking to root a galaxy pad (tmo).. and there seems to be multiple methods.. probably some older versions.. so i was wondering is it essentially the same method to root any android device?

no... This is only for HTC Glacier... you don't need to unlock a bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Devices...
27th April 2012, 09:21 AM   |  #973  
Thanks Meter: 8

96 posts
So, I tried unrooting by flashing a PD15IMG.zip through hboot, but I didn't realize it wouldn't turn S-ON again. So, I tried using Visionary to get temp root and follow the instructions in this guide to turn S-ON again and hboot still shows up at S-OFF. Help please!

Edit: never mind. didn't realize I had to copy the gfree file over to /data/local again after flashing the stock rom. got S-ON now.
Last edited by Yousie642; 27th April 2012 at 09:58 AM.
28th April 2012, 02:41 AM   |  #974  
Thanks Meter: 22

354 posts
More
Im trying to root and run a rom on a mt4g, havent done it in a while. This one is unrooted and on 2.3.4. Can someone kindly point me in the right direction? I have been searching for a while and reading. And still unsure...
28th April 2012, 02:44 AM   |  #975  
Thanks Meter: 8

96 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asapelectric

Im trying to root and run a rom on a mt4g, havent done it in a while. This one is unrooted and on 2.3.4. Can someone kindly point me in the right direction? I have been searching for a while and reading. And still unsure...

Hope this helps http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1178912
The Following User Says Thank You to Yousie642 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2012, 11:53 PM   |  #976  
Thanks Meter: 7

248 posts
Man, I am having a heck of a time getting un-rooted. I originally used the visionary + gfree method to gain root. I made the mistake? of thinking I could just flash the stock .img file to return everything proper again for warranty work. It didn't.

I'm on 2.2.1, have visionary running to gain temp root, tried everything in the original post to get s=on again and nothing's working. Without visionary I have no root access and s=off.

What am I missing here?
23rd May 2012, 11:23 PM   |  #977  
Thanks Meter: 13

962 posts
I rooted my phone over a year ago, I now want to root my dad's (same phone). It's still on T-Mo's stock Gingerbread. I know, poor guy.

Two questions:
1. Is it true that I now have to downgrade to Froyo before proceeding?
2. Is there a method that is better than the gfree, visionary method?
3. In this method, right off the bat it says, "Now unzip the file into your SDK tools directory" but it never says where this SDK tools directory is coming from. Clearly I'm missing something??

Thanks to ANYone who can help!
2nd June 2012, 05:07 AM   |  #978  
Thanks Meter: 2,613

6,061 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley

I rooted my phone over a year ago, I now want to root my dad's (same phone). It's still on T-Mo's stock Gingerbread. I know, poor guy.

Two questions:
1. Is it true that I now have to downgrade to Froyo before proceeding?
2. Is there a method that is better than the gfree, visionary method?
3. In this method, right off the bat it says, "Now unzip the file into your SDK tools directory" but it never says where this SDK tools directory is coming from. Clearly I'm missing something??

Thanks to ANYone who can help!

1. Yes
2. Not if you have the "bad eMMC" (which is a misnomer). If you have the "good eMMC" you can use root.sh, but gfree had supercid and sim options. IMHO gfree is superior.
3. Google "5 minute ADB setup"

Sent from my Glacier using XDA
2nd June 2012, 05:48 AM   |  #979  
Flag Mesa
Thanks Meter: 25

291 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousie642

So, I tried unrooting by flashing a PD15IMG.zip through hboot, but I didn't realize it wouldn't turn S-ON again. So, I tried using Visionary to get temp root and follow the instructions in this guide to turn S-ON again and hboot still shows up at S-OFF. Help please!

Edit: never mind. didn't realize I had to copy the gfree file over to /data/local again after flashing the stock rom. got S-ON now.

im having trouble with this please help!
15th June 2012, 07:39 PM   |  #980  
Thanks Meter: 5

109 posts
i did everything to unroot my phone but im still currently on hboot 0.86 and s-off how can i turn s-on again. i have no recovery and es file explorer and terminal emulator are no longer working..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread