Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

FLASHING Cortex A8 Freescale imx515 - Herotab m802 / Step by Step + screenshoots

OP jefflyonfr

3rd December 2010, 03:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

29 posts
Hello,
Sorry for my english, try to be kind with a french geek
I thought it would be great to give to the community a tutorial step by step with pistures and screenshoots
Here is the method i used to open the tablet and flash the ROM when i "bricked" it while trying to activate Google accounts :)
This ROM is not really an update, i prefer asking it rescue ROM for bricked tablets.

"HOW TO FASH THE TABLET" - TUTORIAL in english :
docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=false&embedded=true &srcid=0B96pdh3MCBWgNDVjMjdiNTMtY2E2YS00ZWYzLTh mYj ItN2U0ZmY3N2E0NDFh&authkey=COyCmKsH&hl=en
(copy link in your browser adress bar)

CUSTOM ROM :
docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B96pdh3MCBWgNDJhMTIxNTktNmE3Yi00MjI4LThjN zQtODkzNDc0MzAyZTc3&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

Unfortunately, the Android Market has been disabled due to too many issues. But alternativ markets have been installed to make your life easier ;)

IMAGE FLASHING TOOL - it is still the same, but if you need it :

apad-france.fr/components/com_agora/img/members/268/usbit.zip

CHANGES
:
Remove unneeded or Chinese apps (AppStore + HANDONAPP + Agpsstatus) which unnecessarily polluted the tablet memory.
Enabling Google accounts
GMAIL
GOOGLE TALK
MAPS: LATITUDE option functional (visibility of your Google contacts on the card)
Alternative MARKETS: SlideME + APKTOR (very interesting market because of the possibility to add sites apps url to enhance the catalog of applications - for that Google search is my friend)
Video Player: MPlayer (nicer than the original video app)

:
This is a "beta" version so are not fully functional:
HARD RESET or restore to the factory datas. I did not yet managed to change the restore file, so if you HARD RESET tablet, you will restore all the craps from original firmware ... sorry ☹ So the only way to restore this custom ROM is to flash the tablet.
Android Market: i can not keep system stability (I unfortunately am not computer) and the tablet "Brick" systematically. I decided not to install Google Market in this version. This will be the subject of the next version i hope☺
Reccuring error message "closing framework ..." just click on" force quit ". No impact on the operating system running.

ON THE FIRST BOOT (Google account activation) :
You see the the welcome message with ANDROID logo and the clicking hand (take the opportunity to change the language if necessary)
Click the screen 4 corners in the direction of clockwise starting at the top left corner and going to the right
Select "SetupWizard ..." in the selection list that appears
You will be able to set up Google accounts - If you do not automatiicly enter Google accounts set up, go back to the desktop and select GMAIL.
You can now enter your Google Account login (gmail address without extension "gmail.com") + password gmail
(If the wifi is off - back to the office with the small house at the top right of the screen. Go to Settings / WiFi / and select your WiFi network and enter the WEP key if your network it is protected. Once connected, return to the office and launch GMAIL)
Your Google account is activated :)
SORFT RESET (paperclip in the small hole beside the plug in iPod) - the tablet reboots by itself
You often closing the message framework, but it's not important, go further by clicking on "force quit"
You can change synchronization settings (menu button) and also in the google accounts settings (phone settings: Account and synchonisation)

Have fun with this ROM !!!

If somebody wants to find the way of xternal miniSD or USB flashing it would be great !!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jefflyonfr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th December 2010, 01:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 91

313 posts
Thanks for the guide, very useful.

What type of problems are you having getting Market working? Does logcat show anything?

I have also had some issues to get it to run properly, as well as getting the Contact/Calendar sync running. Will try flashing your ROM.
7th December 2010, 11:56 AM   |  #3  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 22

400 posts
More
http://www.shenit.com/utopia-apad-im...cortex-a8.html

Is that this device that you are operate with ?

I find that, the internal storage of /data really small, event Froyo 2.2 has Apps2SD, still not enough to me to install more apps, but given large 4G SD internal are there, just not making use if it.

Any easy script to relink them so can expand /data ?

thanks

James
7th December 2010, 01:28 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Hello
Yes this is the tablet i'm working on :)
You can change memory allocation puting your system SD card in a miniSD card reader and changing partitions allocations with windows XP system tool (the one you use to change your HDD partitions allocations)
But now you can find a flashing external tool on a sd card sold by "androidtouchpc" website - You don't need my ROM anymore :)
Best regards
Last edited by jefflyonfr; 7th December 2010 at 04:18 PM.
8th December 2010, 06:53 AM   |  #5  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 22

400 posts
More
I notice that, during the boot of apad 2.2;

I push middle button + right side of button + power on.

I am getting a text mode selection menu, it has 5~6 selection.

-. reboot system now
-. update update.zip
-. update /system
-. update nandroid
-. update boot.img
-. wipe data
-. wipe cache partition

something like that.... since I am in the office, I need check it again from home to confirm.

In this case, will it be easlier doing update in this way ?

thanks

James
8th December 2010, 09:11 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
hello, as i said on my lats message, i will try to buy the restore tool on androidtouchpc and use it to make a custom ROM with auto restore on a SD card. So we will be able to flash the tablet automaticly using the EXTERNAL sd cadr reader :)
have a nice day
8th December 2010, 11:17 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflyonfr

hello, as i said on my lats message, i will try to buy the restore tool on androidtouchpc and use it to make a custom ROM with auto restore on a SD card. So we will be able to flash the tablet automaticly using the EXTERNAL sd cadr reader :)
have a nice day

will wait for it
goodluck
The Following User Says Thank You to jduval For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th December 2010, 03:48 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I am just Curious...
I am curious...

What's the point of opening the Ipad? you did'nt include in your instructions how to flash the ROM
8th December 2010, 10:20 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
The flashing tool from Androidtouchpc is already available on Slatedroid in the Cortex A8 forum.

It will not work with your download ROM as yours is a disc image and the flashing tool works via an update image.

If you would like PM me and I will try and help you.

Rog.
9th December 2010, 08:26 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhongskie

I am curious...

What's the point of opening the Ipad? you did'nt include in your instructions how to flash the ROM

Hello,
Please be more curious next time and read ALL tutorial before asking :) LOL
i'm kiding

So Copy link in your internet browser adress bar :
docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=false&embedded=true &srcid=0B96pdh3MCBWgNDVjMjdiNTMtY2E2YS00ZWYzLTh mYj ItN2U0ZmY3N2E0NDFh&authkey=COyCmKsH&hl=en

The PDF tutorial document will open on your internet browser

Everything is explained in the PDF tutorial, You need to open the tablet to extract the SD system card (not the external SD card, but another SD card, on the motherboard)
Flashing tutorial is explained on page 4 to page 6 with screenshoots

HAVE FUN with this totally FREE OF CHARGES flashing process (it's just a little more difficult than other PAY methods)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread