Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

(RETIRED THREAD) VEGAn-Tab Build, based off Advent Vega firmware

OP roebeet

22nd December 2010, 06:16 AM   |  #1271  
roebeet's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 1,410
 
3,472 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Android

Hi roebeet

Trying to download beta4p14 but seems to have some issue. Can you confirm link is good?

Thanks

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0b3 using Tapatalk

It works for me - not even heavily used since it's not on the first page: http://www.mediafire.com/?bl493pq2j92jpf2
22nd December 2010, 06:17 AM   |  #1272  
roebeet's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 1,410
 
3,472 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlog

Anyone know if it's possible to completely remove the contacts application from this build? I use a separate contacts app and don't want the stock one.

You'd probably need a tool like root explorer. You'll see it under /system/app.
22nd December 2010, 07:48 AM   |  #1273  
sniffs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
167 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
I see that some of the other roms are getting lib updates and graphic/driver updates.. is the VEGan rom getting them as well?
22nd December 2010, 07:50 AM   |  #1274  
sniffs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
167 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roebeet

It works for me - not even heavily used since it's not on the first page: http://www.mediafire.com/?bl493pq2j92jpf2

Can this be applied overtop of an already existing install? like, I would wipe cache and then apply this zip and reboot?
22nd December 2010, 07:53 AM   |  #1275  
sniffs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
167 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
Also, I noticed in some of the pics that the newest VEGan rom still has the phone icon next to the app drawer.. eh..since there's no phone, kind of a waste of space isnt it?

Why not make it the market icon? :P
22nd December 2010, 11:48 AM   |  #1276  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Today is a sad day for me as I will return my G tab that I got for 279 plus tax due to me getting my order of 3 thinkpad x200 tablets at 282 each plus tax due to the price mistake on the lenovo outlet. If anyone here wants it and is local to nyc/nj then I can sell it to you at the price I paid. Also I will include the receipt dated 11/23 from sears B&M. You still have another 31 days to return or exchange for a new one. This was purchased from a regular sears PM to sears outlet price. I still have the box and everything that came with it. Thanks everyone for all your help and roms. Good luck and Merry christmas to all and a Happy New Year.
22nd December 2010, 01:04 PM   |  #1277  
Senior Member
Flag Oswego, NY
Thanks Meter: 14
 
240 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffs

Also, I noticed in some of the pics that the newest VEGan rom still has the phone icon next to the app drawer.. eh..since there's no phone, kind of a waste of space isnt it?

Why not make it the market icon? :P

Not a bad idea. The phone icon leads to Contacts on 4bp14.

-=Sent from my Droid 2 (Fission 2.3.1) using Tapatalk=-
22nd December 2010, 01:10 PM   |  #1278  
rothnic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 278
 
811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by popezaphod

Not a bad idea. The phone icon leads to Contacts on 4bp14.

-=Sent from my Droid 2 (Fission 2.3.1) using Tapatalk=-

This will not come in beta 4, but we have talked about it for the next one. Either market, or a link to wifi settings.
22nd December 2010, 01:37 PM   |  #1279  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
566 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by movieman123

Today is a sad day for me as I will return my G tab that I got for 279 plus tax due to me getting my order of 3 thinkpad x200 tablets at 282 each plus tax due to the price mistake on the lenovo outlet. If anyone here wants it and is local to nyc/nj then I can sell it to you at the price I paid. Also I will include the receipt dated 11/23 from sears B&M. You still have another 31 days to return or exchange for a new one. This was purchased from a regular sears PM to sears outlet price. I still have the box and everything that came with it. Thanks everyone for all your help and roms. Good luck and Merry christmas to all and a Happy New Year.

A $1700 computer for $282 and you took three of them? Isn't that like stealing? I hope people realize that companies build this kind of "shrinkage" (no matter how it occurs) into their prices. Currently for retailers this averages about 7% I believe.

We all paid for your "deal".
22nd December 2010, 01:53 PM   |  #1280  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by insight3fl

A $1700 computer for $282 and you took three of them? Isn't that like stealing? I hope people realize that companies build this kind of "shrinkage" (no matter how it occurs) into their prices. Currently for retailers this averages about 7% I believe.

We all paid for your "deal".

Well then thanks to you for paying for my deal too. It was on slickdeals.net as well as fatwallet. Alot of other people jumped on it too, so I may as well say it for them too. Thanks for paying for our cheap tablets. Also it's not stealing when I ordered the tablets on the lenovo outlet site and they ship it at that price. It call a good deal.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
advent vega
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes