Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Who is interested in a *Real* Carbon Fibre Composite Case for their Galaxy Tab?
YES 26 74.29%
NO 5 14.29%
MAYBE 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

{UPDATE: *INSTALLED* Pix added} *Real* Carbon Fibre Composite Cases

Tip us?

XCellPhoneSalesRep
Old
(Last edited by XCellPhoneSalesRep; 6th January 2011 at 10:46 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 293

DONATE TO ME
Talking {UPDATE: *INSTALLED* Pix added} *Real* Carbon Fibre Composite Cases

Just as the subject line states: Who is interested in a *Real* Carbon Fibre Composite Case for their Samsung Galaxy Tab?

There is a company in Florida that made my HTC Supersonic (Evo 4G) Carbon Fibre Composite Case. Very very good quality stuff, not only the quality of the fabric is top notch but the fitment is perfect.

About a week ago i contacted them and asked if they would be manufacturing a case for our Galaxy Tabs and they are waiting to see how many requests they get before putting the time in on developement and testing.

How much you ask? Not exactly sure, but they manufacture a case for the iPad which is $124.95 and a majority of their smartphone cases are $99.95, so i would say pricing would be on or around $124.95 for this case.

If you guys are interested, please contact them via Facebook @ www.facebook.com/infinitycarbon or on their website @ http://www.InfinityCarbon.com.

Thanks in advance!

Today, 12/27/10, i was contacted by Infinity Carbon:

"Good news! We are currently working on cases for the Galaxy Tab and they should be available in our store in just a couple of weeks!"

*EDIT*

PROTOTYPE PIX ADDED!!!

Here are pix of the Prototype Carbon Composite Piece. Infinity Carbon has informed me that *INSTALLED* pix will be available sometime next week, which i will post as well. If you would like, you can also PRE-ORDER your Carbon Fibre Composite Case *NOW* just go to:

Any questions, post um, pm um, or you may contact Bryan @ www.InfinityCarbon.com directly or on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/infinitycarbon. My email / gtalk address is XCellFoneSalesRep@gmail.com and MSN is XCellFoneSalesRep@live.com.

If not, everyone have an Awesome, yet safe Happy New Years!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	galaxy_tab-08__92261_zoom.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	482405   Click image for larger version

Name:	galaxy_tab-07__30927_zoom.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	482406   Click image for larger version

Name:	galaxy_tab-11__13713_zoom.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	482408   Click image for larger version

Name:	galaxy_tab-10__67617_zoom.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	482409   Click image for larger version

Name:	galaxy_tab-09__66471_zoom.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	482410  

Click image for larger version

Name:	galaxy_tab-01__53093_zoom.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	482411   Click image for larger version

Name:	galaxy_tab-06__96199_zoom.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	482412   Click image for larger version

Name:	galaxy_tab-02__86462_zoom.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	482414  

me!!!

jay_jay_n
Old
Thanks Meter 7
i would definitely interested as long as the sides are protected as well =)

rpmbnsf
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I voted yes but then got to thinking about it. Carbon Fiber is very strong but not made to hold up against scuffing and scraping. now if they put a very durable coating over the carbon then I would be interested in it.

What I'd love to see is this type of cover but one that replaces the back cover totally..and wraps around the sides protecting them too. that would make it almost nude size-wise and back pocketable. And, yes, I know that would void my warranty..but looking at my ATT Tab and its faux back carbon lookalike cover made me wish for the real thing..and gave me that idea.

Croak
Old
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmbnsf View Post
I voted yes but then got to thinking about it. Carbon Fiber is very strong but not made to hold up against scuffing and scraping. now if they put a very durable coating over the carbon then I would be interested in it.

What I'd love to see is this type of cover but one that replaces the back cover totally..and wraps around the sides protecting them too. that would make it almost nude size-wise and back pocketable. And, yes, I know that would void my warranty..but looking at my ATT Tab and its faux back carbon lookalike cover made me wish for the real thing..and gave me that idea.
Sounds like an appliqué like the PhantomSkinz Chromatics would suit your needs. Do a little XDA searching for feedback, and I posted a link in the Accessories sub-forum regarding the Tab. It's just a sticker, but it's a good sticker.

XCellPhoneSalesRep
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 293

DONATE TO ME
OK Guys, i just got conformation from Infinity Carbon that they are going to go ahead and start the manufacturing process for our Galaxy Tabs!!!

From Infinity Carbon:

"Good news! We are currently working on cases for the Galaxy Tab and they should be available in our store in just a couple of weeks!"

me!!!

beestee
Old
Thanks Meter 72
I have had poor experience with real CF cases on wireless devices. They look great, they are extremely light and sleek, but they interfere with signal in a major way. In fact one that i purchased for an iPhone i had was a CF/Kevlar composite fabric made specifically to reduce interference, and yet it still caused very noticable interference.

If the weave was thin and loose, then perhaps it would work better in regards to signal, but then it would not be as strong or visually appealing IMO.

jay_jay_n
Old
Thanks Meter 7
good job pls try to do a type of way to have teh cf wrap the sides or at least protect the sides similar to gel cases, i know that you can make flexible type of cf ( i used to work with a cf company for scion parts ) just hope it will look great and protect well =)

XCellPhoneSalesRep
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 293

DONATE TO ME
Pix added to the first post!

me!!!

XCellPhoneSalesRep
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 293

DONATE TO ME
*INSTALLED* Pix Added to first post!

me!!!

natious
Old
Thanks Meter 439

DONATE TO ME
Do they have a tighter weave they can use?