5,594,653 Members 32,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] GO Sms Pro V4.62 is released

Tip us?

happyllj
Old
(Last edited by happyllj; 10th September 2012 at 10:40 AM.) Reason: GO Sms Pro update
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Arrow [APP] GO Sms Pro V4.62 is released

V4.62 Update (2012-8-31)
1. Continue improve UI/UE details of the new GO 2.0 default theme
2. Add In App Purchase and download support for themes
3. GO Chat support personalized QRcode
4. GO Chat friends' searching support gender filter
5. Improve the Sync Facebook avatars feature
6. Improve the check update function
7. Optimize GO SMS settings’UI
8. Other UI/UE improvement and bugs fix

Note:location permission is needed by "Matching Nearby friends" feature, default is turned off, you control it

**Note**:We improve GO SMS continually according to users’ feedback, Release new features, bug fix WEEKLY, If you are already happy with GO SMS you are using, Need NOT update; just Rate high and spread GO SMS to support us, Thanks

Tip: If GO SMS confict with you security app or other app, try uncheck “Disable other message notification” in Receive Settings

===============================

GO SMS Pro Theme Maker released
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1154500

[App Reviews]

Angeschaut : GO SMS Pro

http://androidblogger.eu/2011/11/07/...ut-go-sms-pro/

We are always listening to the users ,working for the users!

If you have comments, please reply to this thread or send us email.

And if you like our work, please support us by giving your high rate in
Google Market, recommending to your friends and forums. Thanks!

Tips/Explanation:

1. To make GO SMS as default (avoid receiving two notifications), Open stock SMS, in Settings, disable the Notifications, and in GO SMS's Settings, verify that Notifications option is enabled

2. Warning about “keep getting duplicate messages”: If you installed latest Handcent. It may cause you to receive double messages in GO SMS, please disable “Self-check” under “Retrieve message settings” of Handcent settings

3. If trouble with receiving MMS, please go to the stock SMS's settings, and enable the MMS auto-retrieve

4. For time offset issue, please try: Settings->Receive Settings-> set time adjustment offset

5. To fix message out of order issue for some phones, please try: Settings–Appearance Settings–Sort type of conversation messages

6. To make automatically turn on the screen when receiving message, go to "Settings"-"Notification Settings"-"Default notification Settings", enable "Unlock screen"

7. For privacy, you can use security lock, and you can set "Notification bar privacy mode" in "Default notification Settings"; uncheck “Display message content” in Popup windows settings

8. For individual settings, you can set it through Settings - Individual Settings, or through menu in conversation UI (individual bubble settings are under dev, thanks)

9. You can set signature in "Send Settings", and set individual signature in “Individual settings”.

10. Vote function (Menu –Vote. Please vote for “3 features you would love most to get from GO SMS”)

11. For reminder for unread messages, enable option: Settings–Notification Settings – Default notification settings–Reminder

12. There are two MMS view mode: long pressing the MMS, you can select “View flat slideshow” or “View slideshow”.

13. Messages Group Mode means if two messages’ interval is within 3 minutes, they will be grouped; the second message will not display time.

14. GO SMS support sending message to group: you just need to select multiple contacts (or group) from contact list.

15. “Resend” option is available in context menu for failed messages

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	圣诞皮肤效果图.jpg
Views:	30930
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	461018   Click image for larger version

Name:	go风格效果图.jpg
Views:	24685
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	461019   Click image for larger version

Name:	个性设置 .jpg
Views:	22441
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	473085   Click image for larger version

Name:	??.jpg
Views:	20427
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	475808   Click image for larger version

Name:	?????? (2).jpg
Views:	27034
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	515878  

Click image for larger version

Name:	donghua??.jpg
Views:	109463
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	570234  
The Following 129 Users Say Thank You to happyllj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DannyDroid
Old
(Last edited by DannyDroid; 4th December 2010 at 06:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 182
I just installed it, and it's what I've been looking for for the last year or so.

Clean, light and works wonderfully and the pop-up system and layout is perfect too.

Great job!

Edit: You can disable the stock SMS client by doing this;
http://www.technipages.com/motorola-...-messages.html
The Following User Says Thank You to DannyDroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

happyllj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
GO Sms can't disable the stock SMS client, it is up to you to disable/uninstall it. thanks.

DannyDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 182
See edit ^.^

k0smo86
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Love it, just uninstalled handcent

happyllj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
aha, sorry, I misunderstand , thanks for your tips

nafnist
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Works very well, but I'm missing more customization options.
It should be able to fit into the style of my current Android theme, and that's just not possible with this app.

But good start, none the less.
Device :HTC Desire
ROM :CarbonRom v0.45
The Following User Says Thank You to nafnist For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DannyDroid
Old
(Last edited by DannyDroid; 4th December 2010 at 07:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 182
If you disable notifications from within the stock SMS then GoSMS doesn't "sound" when you get a text.

Edit: It seems like no notifications are working.

Motorola Milestone using the leaked 2.2.1 update.

orb3000
Old
XDA News Writer / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3010
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for sharing!
orb

HTC One Max - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognises that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly
The Following User Says Thank You to orb3000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Coedy
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Looks like a great starting block but just isn't for me.

I loathe the whole speech bubble thing on all the add on sms apps nowadays. Also this looks completely out of place on my black themed 2.2 system.
For me the stock system (all be it slow compared to this app) is nicer to use purely because it ties in with the rest of the android experience.

I will reinstall in a month or so though because this is definitely the fastest SMS app ive come across (Handled a 1000+ SMS Thread easily on my HTC Hero!)

If this had a theme that effectively cloned the 2.2 messaging app but had the sped boost this would be a winner for me.

Also it wouldn't load in pictures from my contacts.

Good luck with the development!

The Following User Says Thank You to Coedy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
go sms, messenger, mms, sms
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe