Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,734 Members 40,389 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Updated 2/7/2011]Tom XAP Installer v1.2 with multiple xaps install support

Tip us?

athompson
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisven View Post
What's wrong with you Chevron guys? Why the hell did you work LIKE HELL on that unlocking stuff, just to shut the whole thing down in less than 2 weeks? You can't tell me you're still figuring out how to persuade Microsoft..
For the fun of it. They already paid $99 for developer unlock, so they have no need for it for themselves. Plus they got a trip to Redmond to talk to the Big Bosses. Now they are fairly famous, they have a reputation for being good at what they do (try putting 'first to unlock WP7' on your resume, it'll be good), and don't REALLY need to do anything else.

megagprime
Old
(Last edited by megagprime; 13th December 2010 at 11:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Angry keep the chevrons coming!

I agree with half that statement. They seem to be the best at what they do, that's for sure. .. But I don't think they're goin anywhere, there'a cookin up something =)

I think they'll be the TeamXecuter of Xbox for WP7
bringing us all the goodies we can handle
(I hope so!)

omegapointsingularity
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1
This means only can use XAP install method 10 times --- THEN WHAT ? Can uninstall and swap around??? Any way to get around this ??? How can I also get full file system, registry, etc access ? Want to install regedit, taskmgr, and explorer to MOZART... And how to get into BOOTLOADER ?

TheShowStopper
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi Tom!!! I have 2 questions if i may.

1. The device MUST be unlocked with Chevron before i can use your program to add XAP files for ringtones... is that correct or incorrect?

2. When using Microsoft Expression Encoder 4, it saves your encoded file as the same name if you do one tone at a time... is it right or wrong to manually rename each individual file to say... ABC.Ringtones.xap, XYZ.Ringtones.xap, 123.Ringtones.xap etc etc?

Many thanks in advance if you can answer this for me and keep up the great work!

Oh... almost forgot... does your program work on XP SP3???
Bye bye Toss-iba T(otal)G(arbage)01... hello HTC Touch 3g... and soon a warm GOODBYE to TWO faulty Mozarts... so let's bring on the Omnia!

Remember... if you don't know, it's FAR better to ask... but a slap in the face can often offend! LOL

pbelcl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_codon View Post
1. Tom XAP installer Requires .NET 4.0 Framework and Windows Phone 7 SDK
DO i need to install any developer enviroment like visual studio ore something?

i ask because when starting XAP Installer then i see the windows where i can select to install to device or emulator and then i get an erroro message like you see in attachement
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XAP Installer Fehler.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	469659  

thesecondsfade
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 108
This XAP installer makes it so easy to install XAP's. Great job with this!
TMOUS HTC HD7 - WP7.8 Deepshining v7.8 'NokiaLove'

My Android App:
SmartGas Free - The SMARTEST way to find the cheapest gas.

sIiiS
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelcl View Post
DO i need to install any developer enviroment like visual studio ore something?

i ask because when starting XAP Installer then i see the windows where i can select to install to device or emulator and then i get an erroro message like you see in attachement
I have this problem too, installed .NetFramework4.0 and SDK but still have this error when I want install .xap
Samsung Galaxy SIII (Android 4.4.2 - Searching...)

pbelcl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sIiiS View Post
I have this problem too, installed .NetFramework4.0 and SDK but still have this error when I want install .xap
Thanks for this, so i am not allone at all ;)
Maybe somebody can give us a hint to look for?

AzmanIshak
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Still cannot install TOM XAP Installer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbelcl View Post
Thanks for this, so i am not allone at all ;)
Maybe somebody can give us a hint to look for?
Phew... at least we've got the same issue. still wondering why it cannot install on Windows 7 64bit Pro. got so many problem. All required thing like .NET 4.0 already install.

Weird!!!

TheShowStopper
Old
(Last edited by TheShowStopper; 26th December 2010 at 12:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Seasons Greetings one and all!

Right, my findings and results... I officially quit! Been trying to get this XAP working for the past 7 hours (as i have with Chevron)... what a way to spend Christmas Day Got no joy whatsoever so until someone has 5 mins to reply and help the clueless (me for one!) then i'm ignoring the whole idea cus this seems to be a bit messy if you're not sure which direction to go in.

All this hassle just to change to a ringtone seems a blummin farce in my eyes. Anyone else thinking it's a bit of a trawl just for the sake of this? Micro-toss really made hard work of a light job on this one eh Pretty unimpressive.

Anyway, off for a mince pie or 3 so hopefully someone can pitch in after they've downed all of their beer! lol

Cheers and have a good one folks!
Bye bye Toss-iba T(otal)G(arbage)01... hello HTC Touch 3g... and soon a warm GOODBYE to TWO faulty Mozarts... so let's bring on the Omnia!

Remember... if you don't know, it's FAR better to ask... but a slap in the face can often offend! LOL