I've seen several people complaining that the "full market" we had on G Tablet after the established market fixes wasn't quite full. Well, I've solved that problem, through a mixture of reading what others have done with other devices and experimentation. I will not promise that this gives you *everything*, but I do believe it gives you apps that otherwise required the release-keys status. Some of the apps you get may of course not work. But several applications I looked for before (TV.com for example, with streaming CBS video content) were not available with the previous market fix, and are now available with this fix. In fact, TV.com even works, except for a very minor video glitch in the upper left corner of the screen, and it's a cool app to get some quick streaming video content going on your G Tablet.
**NOTE** I take no responsibility for you screwing up your G Tablet. Please backup your system in Clockwork Recovery before doing any of this!
**EDIT** Removed unneccessary steps after feedback in this thread. Process is now very simple. Edited step 1 to clarify you need paid version of Root Explorer.
Here's how to do it:
0) Backup in Clockwork Mod. Please. I don't want you mad at me if this messes up your ROM.
1) Get the paid version of Root Explorer installed on your G Tablet. Apparently the free version lacks a text editor. If you only have the free version, the text editing step will need to be done in a separate program, or you will need to copy build.prop to your desktop, edit it there, and copy it back. Or use adb to push an edited build.prop to your tablet. Just buy Root Explorer though, it makes this very easy.
2) Browse in Root Explorer to /system. Then click on Mount R/W.
3) Long click on build.prop and click on Open In Text Editor.
4) Scroll down to the line ro.build.fingerprint=....
You are going to replace that with the following text:
5) Now you are going to click on Save and Exit. And then remount the /system directory as R/O.
6) Now you are going to re-do the original Market Fix. I used the simple version illustrated here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-ny...eature=related First, make sure Market is running, and browse around in it for a few seconds. If you don't do this, there may be no cache to clear and for some reason the market fix may not work. Then, go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->Running and scroll down to Market. Then hit Clear Cache, followed by Force Stop **DO NOT CLEAR DATA FOR MARKET, JUST CACHE**. Then go back, scroll down to Google Services Framework, hit Clear Data, then Force Stop.
7) Now try starting Market again and you get the famous Market Error. Now shut down the G Tablet, then turned it back on. Wait for Wifi to connect to your network before doing anything! I forgot to do that on the first try, so I rebooted again, waited for wifi to connect this time.
8) Now restart Market again. It seems to have sourced the fingerprint from build.prop somewhere in steps 6-7. Searches for previously missing apps now show up. Voila! A truly full market!
And steps 6 and 7 can almost certainly be replaced by the equivalent steps using Titanium Backup that I know a lot of people have been using, particularly with TNT Lite. I am running ZPad 2.2 here, so YMMV with TNT Lite. Please keep me informed if this works/doesn't work for you if you try it!
Credit goes to: Paul at Modaco for hacking on the Advent Vega and making the Market work fully on that device and for coming up with a working build.prop for the Advent Vega, Roebeet for inspiring me to look at the Vega ROM stuff with his current work on the VEGAn ROM, Rothnic for his excellent work on the ZPad ROM that I'm currently using. Basically, I'm just hacking and slashing here, this wasn't any sort of rocket science.