Tip us?

Tugdu77
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Lightbulb Case with integrated USB keyboard

Hi!

What do you think of this case? It's $26 with shipping on witglobal.com

More expensive on Aliexpress (around $45).
It's supposed to be suitable for the ZT-180 (278x185x25mm), the Flytouch2 (267x17.5x14mm) so it should be ok for the G-Tablet (210x140x14mm).

I think the keyboard is made of silicon (to be confirmed) so the screen will be well protected. With a Bluetooth mouse, it could be a nice laptop!

If somebody already tried this, a review will be really appreciated!

Tuc
The Following User Says Thank You to Tugdu77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmracing
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Looks pretty nice. I'm interested. Tell us how it works out.

Sent from my GTablet running Robeet's TnT Lite using Tapatalk Pro
Motorola Droid Bionic
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700

h8rift
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9558

DONATE TO ME
Just a heads-up. I got it on eBay for 17.99 with 9.99 shipping. just received it yesterday.

No offense to the manufacturers, but its definitely China-made . The case, while cheap does exactly what you want it to do, and does it well. I had to cut (with scissors) the left (when facing it head on) "leg" that holds your tablet and drop it down to match the right "leg" so it doesn't block your USB slot for the keyboard.

I might post some pictures later, but at 28.00 total with shipping, I'm very happy with my purchase!

Just don't expect this thing to be 100% best quality case ever....cuz its not .

Thanks!
-h8

Tugdu77
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmracing View Post
Looks pretty nice. I'm interested. Tell us how it works out.
I don't have the G-tablet yet...but I will have one imported by a friend for Christmas (we don't have it in Europe at this price, Sears sells it at $455.99 for international orders ). Just starting to plan things to buy and to do with this promising tablet...

Tuc

mmracing
Old
(Last edited by mmracing; 5th December 2010 at 06:02 PM.) Reason: Adding link
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8rift View Post
Just a heads-up. I got it on eBay for 17.99 with 9.99 shipping. just received it yesterday.

No offense to the manufacturers, but its definitely China-made . The case, while cheap does exactly what you want it to do, and does it well. I had to cut (with scissors) the left (when facing it head on) "leg" that holds your tablet and drop it down to match the right "leg" so it doesn't block your USB slot for the keyboard.

I might post some pictures later, but at 28.00 total with shipping, I'm very happy with my purchase!

Just don't expect this thing to be 100% best quality case ever....cuz its not .

Thanks!
-h8
How did the keyboard work? The arrow keys did they work?

Here is the link for the $25 one with free shipping: http://witglobal.com/goods-1846-10+i...+Shipping.html

h8rift
Old
(Last edited by h8rift; 5th December 2010 at 08:21 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9558

DONATE TO ME
You will be very impressed with how the keyboard portion works. The arrow keys and everything work just as planned. Hell, the Windows key on the keyboard even activates the "menu" key! Esc acts like the back arrow, etc. The keyboard "just works" when plugged in. I'm using TnT Lite 2.2 and it works immediately just as you would expect.

Now to get PSXdroid and other emulators setup with that keyboard..... .

Just a quick FYI....since this screen is not resistive (thank god) the stylus that comes with it does not work. I'm sure you can go by a knock-off stylus for iPad that has the correct composition to trigger a capacitive touchscreen and slide it into the little holder for the stylus thats on the inside spine of the case.

More on the "cutting" i had to do and the quality of the case. Its basically (on each side) two pieces of faux leather that are glued (i think hot glue / rubber cement / gorilla glue?) so...it seems cheap to the eye. But i kinda like that...since i had to move that left "leg" anyways...I have a jar of rubber cement and i just re-lathered the two layers with it and sat something flat and heavy on it for about an hour and its still good.

But again, in my opinion, totally worth the $28.00. I've seen just a kickstand for iPad for 33.00 at Walmart. So....yeah....this is a steal until tablet accessories drop in price. The kickstand on this bad boy is primitive (kickstand with cloth strap strapping it to the case) but works fantastically! Also, apparently the kickstand itself has some sort of magnetism to the case....so it doesn't just "flop open" when ever you hold the case weird.

Here's a super-crappy youtube i just did to show off somethings on the case. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WYXEmgDu0E

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask more questions as I'm glad to answer them.
-h8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to h8rift For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mmracing
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks for the information. I'm currently using a generic Targus zipper pouch and would much rather prefer this case with the keyboard and stand.

-:Sent from my ViewSonic GTablet running Robeet's TnT Lite using Tapatalk Pro:-
Motorola Droid Bionic
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700

RojasTKD
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmracing View Post
How did the keyboard work? The arrow keys did they work?

Here is the link for the $25 one with free shipping: http://witglobal.com/goods-1846-10+i...+Shipping.html
Ordered this yesterday... We'll see how it turns out in about 10 days.

jtbnet
Old
(Last edited by jtbnet; 8th December 2010 at 05:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8rift View Post
You will be very impressed with how the keyboard portion works. The arrow keys and everything work just as planned. Hell, the Windows key on the keyboard even activates the "menu" key! Esc acts like the back arrow, etc. The keyboard "just works" when plugged in. I'm using TnT Lite 2.2 and it works immediately just as you would expect.
More on the "cutting" i had to do and the quality of the case. Its basically (on each side) two pieces of faux leather that are glued (i think hot glue / rubber cement / gorilla glue?) so...it seems cheap to the eye. But i kinda like that...since i had to move that left "leg" anyways...I have a jar of rubber cement and i just re-lathered the two layers with it and sat something flat and heavy on it for about an hour and its still good.
I'll Stongly Second this... I've had this case that I had originally bought for my ZT-180 tablets... the mod to move the U bracket I hadn't tried till I just read this and it took me 5 min with an Exacto knife and a small flat screw driver as the U bracket has about a 3" T inside that holds it stable so you have to work it a bit to break the glue free...

Well worth the money...

I'd love to get something like;

http://www.brookstone.com/ipod-acces...pgifts|654186p

But for the difference of ~$28-$99 I'll keep what I've got till someone comes up with one with a BT Keyboard AND J key or touchpad mouse...

tat2boy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the heads up on this affordable tablet case! I just ordered one and hope it'll arrive before XMas.