FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM] 06/12 UtmostROM_2.0.8a

148 posts
Thanks Meter: 43
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
here is the release of UtmostROM_2.0.8a
based again on openfire 2.2.1 after UtmostRom_2.0.7a (based on openfire 2.3) proved unstable

changelog :-custom bootanimation C64 style y(props to Utmosthuzi for the help)
-custom system font
-SYMPNOTIC's patched market
-HCDR Jacob's 4.1 OC kernal
-ad blocker
-Utmostmick0 custom framework
-Apps2sd
-busybox



SPECIAL THANKS- ADEADRAT for the stable code base




for the next release i would like to compile from source.
anyone that can help me or point me in the right direction to and advice or links
already have a virtual dev machine set up

for install instructions check 1st post in openfire thread


link:-http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0ITG4K42
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UtmostMick0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
6th December 2010, 11:55 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks for this rom, been looking forward to it. Will post any bugs i find
6th December 2010, 03:02 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Um.. screenshots?
6th December 2010, 04:07 PM |#4  
oifi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
just flashed your rom. till now everything seems to work fine.

except of auto brightness adjustment which is a bit annoying.

also I would prefer the original font. the one you're using looks a bit childish to me
The Following User Says Thank You to oifi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2010, 09:07 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
thanx
thanx

i flashed my Wildfire. All seems to work...but i think, the field for typing SMS is a bit little. There is more free space. can u fix this?
6th December 2010, 11:50 PM |#6  
UtmostMick0's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Rockingham
Thanks Meter: 43
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oifi

just flashed your rom. till now everything seems to work fine.

except of auto brightness adjustment which is a bit annoying.

also I would prefer the original font. the one you're using looks a bit childish to me

kewl as dude changing the font isnt that hard if u know howto use adb ???

open another rom in winzip/winrar and copy the droidsans.ttf and droidsans-bold.ttf

boot ur phone into recovery mount /system in the partition menu hook up ur cable and use adb

adb remount
adb push (filename here) /system/font/(filename here)
adb reboot

as always make a nandroid backup first incase it stuffs up , lol , good lick
7th December 2010, 12:38 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
When It's running it autorestarts and cannot start, I've flashed Open Fire 2.3, that's ok.

I'll wait for a better version.

thnx.
7th December 2010, 12:46 AM |#8  
UtmostMick0's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Rockingham
Thanks Meter: 43
 
Donate to Me
More
Did u do a full wipe b4 you flashed it? Works 4 me

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App
7th December 2010, 01:27 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
can i use live wallpaper, with this Rom?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App
7th December 2010, 03:24 AM |#10  
UtmostMick0's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Rockingham
Thanks Meter: 43
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibbo

can i use live wallpaper, with this Rom?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Just tried it and yes they seem to work
7th December 2010, 09:17 AM |#11  
oifi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtmostMick0

kewl as dude changing the font isnt that hard if u know howto use adb ???

open another rom in winzip/winrar and copy the droidsans.ttf and droidsans-bold.ttf

boot ur phone into recovery mount /system in the partition menu hook up ur cable and use adb

adb remount
adb push (filename here) /system/font/(filename here)
adb reboot

as always make a nandroid backup first incase it stuffs up , lol , good lick

Ok, thanks. I'll try that.

Could you tell me why auto brightness isn't working? is it a known bug?
Last edited by oifi; 7th December 2010 at 11:09 AM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes