Well for everyone who want's to have the Google apps like:
- Android market
Here is a link to a share where the gapps4archos can be downloaded.
WARNING: You cannot install this appInstaller if you installed gApps4Archos or any other gApps installer. Anytime you switch appInstaller programs, you MUST reset your device back to stock. If you've NEVER installed ANY market/gApps installer, then your good... no need to reset.
NOTE: If you've ONLY used my appInstaller, then you can REMOVE the old files using my app and re-install the apps at the same time, then REBOOT.
1) Download - http://code.google.com/p/archos-apps...downloads/list
2) Copy download to your device via USB (if you didnt download directly using your Archos)
3) Use 'Files' app to locate gAppsInstaller, then execute/install it
4) Choose install packaged apps or choose to install your own packaged 'apps.zip' file located on the internal drive (not sdcard)
4a) There maybe a short delay after you tap an install button (its installing and you'll be notified when its done, about 5-10 seconds)
6) Follow the Market FIX instructions below
This will get you most missing apps from the market, except some "protect market apps"
Setting-->Manage Applications-->All-->Market (Clear Cache then 'Force Stop' -- DO NOT clear data)
Setting-->Manage Applications-->All-->Google Services Framework (Clear data then 'Force Stop')
Market Fix video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-ny...ayer_embedded#!
If you do this correctly you will find most missing apps like 'Copilot Live USA' in the Market. However, some apps will not show because they are "protected" Market apps. These include 'NY Times'. Google search "android protected market apps" if your not familar.
NOTE: The latest version of GMAIL and Youtube can be downloaded in the market...
Thanks to our friends from the archosfans.com forum