Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 37,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Desire HD Android 2.3 Update

Tip us?

guide144
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi everyone, just want to let you guys know that today around 2 pm gmt. I recieved GB update thought OTA. The size is around 102 MB.

My location is UK and my phone is unbrand from carphone warehouse.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App
Device History
HTC Touch Cruise -> [SE X1 -> HTC Diamond 2 -> HTC HD2 and HTC Desire -> HTC Desire HD -> Sensation EX and Samsung Galaxy Note!!

Peejiegio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by guide144 View Post
Hi everyone, just want to let you guys know that today around 2 pm gmt. I recieved GB update thought OTA. The size is around 102 MB.

Same here, so the unbranded lot might wanna check for an update.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

FrikyBCN
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi

the way things are going in Ireland, they might be wishing they never left the UK! :)

Just for your info, the Wifi issue I reported hasn't come back, so was just the hours immediately after the update. I haven't noticed any change in battery life. And the annoying slow scroll is still there (it's a feature!).

cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to FrikyBCN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Maxwell Smart
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurolife View Post
ok thank you, it's kinda weird ppl have different versions despite being orange branded
It might be because as an existing customer I received mine about two weeks before it was officially announced released. I heard that the ones that were released in the first month or so were slightly different.

But just to be clear, when I say it is an orange branded phone it is not because there is an orange logo anywhere on the phone or boot screen but rather it is locked to orange, has a few orange apps on it (Wednesdays, Account, Plus) and had orange printed documentation in the box.
HTC Desire HD (Here to stay)
HTC 7 Mozart (returned)
HTC Desire (returned)
HTC Touch HD (wm6.5)

gmjnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just downloaded my update on unbranded for t-mobile and i've been getting an exclamation mark error when i try to run update

jamiee6610
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Got mine, seems ok though i havent played with camera yet.
GPS worked fine.

Pie1862
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've found that so long as I turn off the wifi when out of range the battery life is massively improved! Only used about 10% in half a day. Otherwise the wifi is constantly trying for a signal and drains the battery like crazy!

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

spikey001
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuwalu View Post
Hey guys!

I received a notification about this update a week back or so.. Haven't updated yet. I have some questions that may be answered in this thread, other threads, definitely in this forum and maybe (if you know anything about android) even common sense. However I do not know where to start looking, and I didnt find it very fruitful to go through 10 pages in this thread so it wouldn't make sense to continue on to p. 74.

Anyways, my questions are kind of simple, I guess. I have a HTC Desire HD, bought December at the swedish retailer Telia (I assume it is 'branded', atleast it is locked to their network). I do want root access, and I am looking for the easiest, safest way possible to get this. I also want gingerbread. I have not customized or tried to gain root access with my phone in any way, since I shortly after my purchase realized it does not bring the great advantages as, say, jailbreaking an iPhone or flashing a PSP.

* Should I update before I root, or root before I install some custom update?* Also, please point me in the right direction where I can find information about how to root my DHD (and also, if you don't mind, a beginners thread/post about root - where to start, what to do with a newly rooted phone, like what rom to use).

Thank you in advance.
Best to root first and get Eng s-off at the same time as shown in the thread linked below to avoid not being able to root after official updates.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=841076

Best thread to read and get all the links to what you need is this one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=964996

gmjnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Could someone tell me why my phone is giving me this exclamation mark when i try to update to GB. ive rooted my phone once before but i unrooted it back to the stock rom. When i try to update it and errors pops up saying E: unknown folume path [SDCARD:download/OTA_Ace_gingerbread...zip] which is the folder it had downloaded to on its own.
than another error saying E: Can't mount SDCARD:download/OTA_Ace_gingerbread...zip

m7svk
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Default Update Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by guide144 View Post

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App
Can anybody let us know what is exact update number for unbranded UK DHD, is the same as RUU or is different one, many thanks...