Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 2.2 made the music headphone volume too low on streak???

Tip us?

checkbox111
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
What excactly do the designers at dell do whilst planning the next release?
Visit forums like this.
There a lot of owners using the streak as a mp3 player: OK we'll put a stop to that by removing any decent volume
Ok there's a lot of owners using rebel sim to bypass the unlock: we'll put a stop to that with 2.2
There's a lot of 1.6 users utilising the 5' screen size: we'll put a stop to that with 2.1 and design it so you can fit less icons on a screen
And when we release 2.2 we'll release it with something called stage which wastes even more of the 5' screen size

zkyevolved
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkbox111 View Post
What excactly do the designers at dell do whilst planning the next release?
Visit forums like this.
There a lot of owners using the streak as a mp3 player: OK we'll put a stop to that by removing any decent volume
Ok there's a lot of owners using rebel sim to bypass the unlock: we'll put a stop to that with 2.2
There's a lot of 1.6 users utilising the 5' screen size: we'll put a stop to that with 2.1 and design it so you can fit less icons on a screen
And when we release 2.2 we'll release it with something called stage which wastes even more of the 5' screen size
Lol. Now that's a rant.

I haven't had the streak all too long but it's a fantastic device. . The volume control is really low. But I'm sure Dell will fix it if we head on over to their forums or something. Possibly put in a ticket? I'm going to open a support ticket this week because there are a ton of apps on the market that give me an error 18 message which pisses me off. But I guess I'll open a ticket for this too. Haha.

-Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

checkbox111
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
I haven't had the streak all too long but it's a fantastic device. .
It is a fantastic device, but dell seems to be going out of their way to change all that.

zkyevolved
Old
Thanks Meter 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkbox111 View Post
It is a fantastic device, but dell seems to be going out of their way to change all that.
Maybe simply its a byproduct of 2.2 on their specific hardware. Well have to wait and see.I suppose. :)

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

Guest69
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Gutted, just bought a 2nd gen xmi mini speaker, it sounds truly unbelievable with any other audio device but can hardly hear it with the streak. It's like they've put some avls volume limiter on to save our ears using headphones, it sucks.
Does anyone know of any way to over ride this?

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App
They Made Me Do It

RenkliArif
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Seems I'm not the only one with this problem. I can hear my surroundings using an in ear set with the streak on PowerAMP max preamp.
Hope someone can find a fix for this...

bash_array
Old
Thanks Meter 722

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by emregezgin View Post
Okay im not the only one feeling that.
But what can we do? is there a way to boost the volume? I have tried a few apps that would boost the volume but non worked..
Anyone know how to boost the volume?
From what I understand through extensive research on the matter, the only way app based volume boosters will work is if you are running a rom which has kernel changes to allow the apps to modify sound.

fatdragonincp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Louder Volume Hack needs to root!

geordierussell
Old
Thanks Meter 1
thought my headphones were buggered. looks like its the streak instead.
Dell Streak 32gb
Android 2.2

Previous phones
Sony Ericsson W810i
Nokia N9
HTC HD2

Ineedtoys
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Did this ever get fixed? Can't find anythng positive in search.
The pathetic volume from the earphone jack makes the Streak useless as a media tablet - one of its prime selling features!

Tags
dell streak, froyo, headphone, volume low

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more