[THEME] Gingerbread for Defrost 6.1a, CM 6.1.1 and Oxygen 1.0.4 AOSP (4/1)
Gingerbread for Defrost 6.1a, CM 6.1.1 and Oxygen 1.0.4 AOSP
For those still running Froyo I’ve created a theme that replicates the stock gingerbread look.
This has taken me a long time to compile and maintain. It was not as simple as copying files from one APK to the other; it required xml editing, icon design and much probing into the gingerbread SDK to find all these files to bring you the most accurate Gingerbread look.
If you use this and like this please donate.
What you get:
- Status icons – System, Gmail, Email, Messaging, Market
- App Icons – Browser, Phone
- Gingerbread keyboard
- Nexus S live wallpapers (Thanks AdamG)
- Black menu background with correct text colour and vertical dividers
- General framework including tick-boxes, menu pop-up
- New dialer
- Launcher2 themed (DeFrost only, for Oxygen and Cyanogen(MOD) use this one)
- Smooth 100 step charging and discharging animations
- Smooth refresh
- Smoother spinner animation
- Green notification overflow background
- Green progress bars
- Ability to change lockscreen backgrounds
- Gingerbread style notification power widget
- Black MMS.apk (Oxygen – not CM port but modded stock)
Instructions – not for Metamorphs
- Battery percentage Mod 1 (square font)
- Battery percentage Mod 2 (rounded font)
- White Status icons (as if not connected to Google servers in GB)
- Green Icons (Revert)
- No Battery Percentage (Revert)
You have to be rooted to install these custom roms – if you are not rooted head to XDA and they should be able to help.
I can only support ROMs for the HTC Desire, however the Cyanogen(MOD) framework is very similar across the board. I believe porting to other HDPI devices is not hard and you are free to attempt this with these files.
Download the desired files to your SD Card, if you are on Cyanogen(MOD) or DeFrost you will also need to place the Colour config file “Gingerbread.xml” in /sdcard/CMTheme/
As with all flashable zips a NANDROID backup is recommended.
Flash the *.zip file either with ROM Manager or through recover as you would a ROM. You do not need to unzip these files.
Reboot the phone
If using Cyanogen(MOD) or DeFrost you will need to apply the colour theme (Settings > CyanogenMod settings > User interface > Tweaks extras > “Select Theme” > “Gingerbread”)
Enjoy your Gingerthemed Froyo
Instructions – for Metamorphs
To use the Metamorphs you need to have you desire S-Off’d and you must download Metamorph from the Market. Once you have this it’s pretty straight forward.
If you don’t have S’Off or can’t get Metamorph to work you can merge the files from a Metamorph into a theme (framework-res.apk) and then flash the theme through recovery.
I hope to write a tutorial on how to do this some time in the future.
My Previous Phones:
Nokia 3315, Nokia 3315, Samsung i450, HTC Touch Dual, HTC Desire
HTC One XL (Grey)