Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New and Improved way to Unroot your device (much easier) [difficulty level 4]

Tip us?

jjjackson56
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iblaststatic2020 View Post
I put the nandroid file on my sdcard, but in recovery when i go to restore there it says no files. What do I need to do to get this to work. I have a replacement coming to me so I need to figure this out.

Edit: Sorry I'm an idiot. I got it know. Thank you so much for posting this.

Edit2: Crap! Ok I have s=on now but i still have hboot 0.86.0000 Shouldn't I have the old one now?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but from my understanding and if memory serves me correct (from before I flashed my hboot) this is the stock hboot

Also billydroid this is the file that was created when you followed the guide to ultimate s=off

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II
(all stock for now!)

Retired: HTC Excaliber (T-Mobile Dash) -> HTC Dream (T-mobile G1) -> HTC Sapphire (T-Mobile myTouch 3g 1.2) -> HTC Glacier (T-Mobile myTouch 4G)

If you feel like I have helped in any way remember to send thanks or even donate.

Loving ANDROID since preordering my G1!

jjjackson56
Old
(Last edited by jjjackson56; 12th December 2010 at 06:17 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65

DONATE TO ME
@CRoman247

this is correct if you followed the first 6 steps correct then this is what you would see now you need to boot into fastboot by powering off then hold vol down while pressing power then select fastboot and continue at step 8
(all stock for now!)

Retired: HTC Excaliber (T-Mobile Dash) -> HTC Dream (T-mobile G1) -> HTC Sapphire (T-Mobile myTouch 3g 1.2) -> HTC Glacier (T-Mobile myTouch 4G)

If you feel like I have helped in any way remember to send thanks or even donate.

The Following User Says Thank You to jjjackson56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iblaststatic2020
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjackson56 View Post
@CRoman247

this is correct if you followed the first 6 steps correct then this is what you would see now you need to boot into fastboot by powering off then hold vol down while pressing power then select fastboot and continue at step 8
yeah its the stock hboot i was reading the other thread wrong. thank you.

billydroid
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Everything seems to go ok. But I still have s=off. Even applications like terminal deny me su

jjjackson56
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65

DONATE TO ME
Try redoing it or try following grankin01 first guide for turning it back on.

(all stock for now!)

Phateless
Old
Thanks Meter 446
Any word on a glacier.nbh file for a one click complete factory restore like on the old mt3g?
-Joshua
All you need to get a firm solar iQuote is an internet connection and 3 minutes.
http://www.sungevity.com/get-your-iq...@sungevity.com

Dropbox FTW http://db.tt/sQjzpz9
2D Gallery! - http://www.mediafire.com/?mzmjmkzmyxj

myTouch 4G Links:
PD15IMG.zip (2.2.1)
DISPLAY TEST

jjjackson56
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phateless View Post
Any word on a glacier.nbh file for a one click complete factory restore like on the old mt3g?
I haven;t seen one around nor have I heard one but boy that would be nice save a lot of headache. Although I was never able to get it to work on my 1.2
(all stock for now!)

Phateless
Old
Thanks Meter 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjackson56 View Post
I haven;t seen one around nor have I heard one but boy that would be nice save a lot of headache. Although I was never able to get it to work on my 1.2
For the 1.2 you name it sappimg.zip instead of sappimg.nbh. try the link in my sig.
-Joshua
All you need to get a firm solar iQuote is an internet connection and 3 minutes.
http://www.sungevity.com/get-your-iq...@sungevity.com

Dropbox FTW http://db.tt/sQjzpz9
2D Gallery! - http://www.mediafire.com/?mzmjmkzmyxj

myTouch 4G Links:
PD15IMG.zip (2.2.1)
DISPLAY TEST

jjjackson56
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65

DONATE TO ME
I was having issues so bad that it ended up bricking my device, flashed wrong radio and such. I ended up getting a warranty replacement so its all good now. Thanks though.

(all stock for now!)

Mrdaviso
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Can I run the gfree now and use what file it creates being I am already rooted? Unfortunately, I was rooted before that thread was started. I can get back to original radio and hboot and s-on just wondering if root will be seen easily without the part7 file? New one is on its way......