Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,011 Members 47,568 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread)

Tip us?

PRGUY85
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by athanos View Post
What do you have your partitions set to?

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App
Just got it to boot after formatting system/cache/data. Thanks anyway.

s0be
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 425

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsanity View Post
To set the record straight with all of you saying that when you see the cyanogen boot screen it didn't wipe properly or something other is wrong. I think I can safely say that this alpha release is a... wait for it:
  • CM7.0 branch.

Yes, aosp branched the new CyanogenMod 7.0 Gingerbread, added our kernel and maybe did other things I'm not aware of. But like I clearly stated in my first post after aosp released this new source build release (not SDK image) this is CM7.0.

I see many of you responding to questions about this release without actually trying to load it yourself. This release will show a CyanogenMod coin style boot screen and will also show CyanogenMod icon in the status bar after flashing with the CMStats option for you to set. CyanogenMod wallpapers are included and also a few CyanogenMod settings applications if you go to menage apps from the menu.
So please do not post misinformation unless you have tested it yourself.

Now, thank you aosp for making this branch. We all appreciate your hard work.
BZZZZT, gutter tell him what he's won.

If you're seeing the CM6/7 boot screen, it's because your full wipe did not fully wipe. Don't believe me? Reboot into CWM Recovery, format Boot, Data, System, Cache, and Reinstall for the 'Android' boot animation.
There is no need to pm me, I probably won't answer. Just ask whatever you have to ask in a public thread.
My Github

aosp
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4,501

DONATE TO ME
u
Quote:
To set the record straight with all of you saying that when you see the cyanogen boot screen it didn't wipe properly or something other is wrong. I think I can safely say that this alpha release is a... wait for it:

• CM7.0 branch.

Yes, aosp branched the new CyanogenMod 7.0 Gingerbread, added our kernel and maybe did other things I'm not aware of. But like I clearly stated in my first post after aosp released this new source build release (not SDK image) this is CM7.0.

I see many of you responding to questions about this release without actually trying to load it yourself. This release will show a CyanogenMod coin style boot screen and will also show CyanogenMod icon in the status bar after flashing with the CMStats option for you to set. CyanogenMod wallpapers are included and also a few CyanogenMod settings applications if you go to menage apps from the menu.

clockworkmod partitions menu is very handy
The Following User Says Thank You to aosp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PRGUY85
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRGUY85 View Post
Just got it to boot after formatting system/cache/data. Thanks anyway.
Scratch that, it showed touch android to start and went back to Android bootscreen and is now bootlooping there.

Bierce22
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Finally it booted huzaa!! I had to format the boot and only then did it work but I've got gapps going and everything its the default android boot animation on mine now

-phone, samsung Galaxy s3
-Rom, Carbon 4.2.2
---------------------------------------------
-computer asus k55a-rbr6
-OS- Arch Linux 64bit Xfce4
-My desktop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvEQndl3F1g

obsanity
Old
Thanks Meter 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by aosp View Post
u

hmmm... I guess I'll have to try that. Never had an issue with the old recovery.
Nexus 5 Stock(moded) un-rooted
Franco's Kernel AMOLED Gama settings | proper values
Volume+ = Louder Speaker

Guides:
Automatic backlight
Proper FULL wipe

Bierce22
Old
Thanks Meter 136
It's running really smooth for me now I'm loving it lol

coming to y'all live from gingerbread!!
-Rom, Carbon 4.2.2
-computer asus k55a-rbr6

oostah
Old
Thanks Meter 130

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aosp View Post
u

This worked for me format system/data/cache and did wipe everything. Booted up right and looks better now to. Great job asop! I thought you was going to hold out till Xmas morning then release it for everyone. Lol thanks for every one that had a hand and feet in this.

2Samsung Stratosphere II
2 DROID 3 globule's retired
2 droid 2 globule's
htc hero retired

twitter @ooostah

LanceLet
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
  • CM7.0 branch.

Oh, and BTW, you WILL need to flash gapps from page 41 immediately after flashing this release for it not to boot loop endlessly.

For some reason.. no matter what I do.. coming from an AospMod.. i can never get this CM boot screen.... curious... I think I may have wiped right though.

Bierce22
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Asop your my hero's hero pun intended lol great work

coming to y'all live from gingerbread!!
-Rom, Carbon 4.2.2
-computer asus k55a-rbr6

Tags
android, aosp, aospcmod, aospkicksyourasshaters, closed source, cm7, cyanogendevsarefags, cyanogenmod, gingerbread, growthefuckupaosp, hero, heroc, immaturedeveloper, thedownloadisinthereadme