Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 41,248 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Opera Browser beta is the best browser

Tip us?

moayyash
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Opera Browser beta is the best browser

Testing all browser including Dolphin, native, skyfire.... the best on all test Opera.

I compared Opera with Safari running on ipad (matching result)

check acidtest.org both score 100/100

mach330
Old
Thanks Meter 1
can you give me more details on what is actually better? speed? i've used stock and dolphin and they both still lag. that's my main beef with the tab so far is that browser lags. does is still lag in opera?

paulshields
Old
Thanks Meter 54
How does it handle pinch to zoom and double tap to enlarge the column you tapped? I'm currently enjoying the latest Miren RC as it's so smooth, but anything that is even faster may be enough to change my mind .

kyrumo71
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by moayyash View Post
Testing all browser including Dolphin, native, skyfire.... the best on all test Opera.

I compared Opera with Safari running on ipad (matching result)

check acidtest.org both score 100/100
Miren/MIUI Browser kills Opera, its in tne Market

AndyGarton
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Opera is the smoothest browser as it is GPU accelerated on the Tab. As an overall package it isn't quite up there with the likes of Miren or Dolphin imo.

peestandingup
Old
Thanks Meter 13
No offense to anyone, but I think Opera sucks **** through a garden hose. Who cares about speed if half of the pages don't render correctly.

I'll never understand the Opera lovers.

cramjammer
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
its all choice and opinion but Miren is very nice looking, fast, (at least faster then stock on my GT) and intuitive. i used Dolphin HD but something simpler and appealing about Miren made me bounce...
my two cents.

knightnz
Old
(Last edited by knightnz; 8th December 2010 at 11:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 243

DONATE TO ME
A couple of times a year for the best part of a decade, I give the various Opera browsers another try, and I always find them to be a complete waste of time, either they're slow, they don't render pages "correctly", or their UI is just a complete mess. I'm sure it's fine in _some_ cases, but for my uses I find it to be horrible when compared with some of the other alternatives.

FWIW - Firefox mobile isn't looking promising, takes too long to start and doesn't seem to accept pages passed to it from many apps to open. I'll stick with DolphinHD until something that is better all-round turns up.

Edit: Hadn't heard of the Miren browser until just now, having a look at it and I'm quite impressed. Might make my primary for a while.
---

Spelling essentials:
1) There is NO SUCH WORD as "alot" - It's "a lot"
2) The shortened form of You are is You're - NOT Your
3) Loosing & Loose have completely different meanings to Losing & Lose.

peestandingup
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I also like Miren, but does anyone know why it always stays "zoomed in" on certain pages? For instance, if I load this web page on Miren (or any other browser besides Dolphin that is based off of the stock browser), it always loads up zoomed in to the upper left of the page. No matter what zoom settings or text size I tell it to use, still the same. Dolphin HD is the only one that doesnt do this.

Anyone??

eskasi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I can't live without gesture support.... Dolphin HD for me... just hope they keep on improving it. Pinch to zoom could be smoother

Tags
samsung tab browser