[Q] Games HD on DEFY

7th December 2010, 07:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

51 posts
Hey, this is my first post in this forum. I´m spanish and my english is very poor but i will try it xD
Well, my answer is how run the latest game like avatar HD, lets golf 2 HD, assassins creed, aphalt 5, nee for speed shift, nova... etc in motorola defy.
I´m thinking of get one in chrismast, but I dont know yet if it has GPU dedicated, because in some pages sais that the defy has omap 3630 (with gpu) and in others sais that has the 3630 (whitout...).
Thanks for the answers and forgive if i´ve said some mistake!
7th December 2010, 07:27 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

52 posts
I believe the current consensus is that it's using an OMAP3610 with the OMAP3630's PowerVR GPU.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App
7th December 2010, 07:33 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 601

508 posts
Absolutely yes, GPU is present and those games run flawless.
I will not fall into the 3610 vs 3630 discussion again but what i can tell you is that all the games mentioned (except avatar <- i don't know) go smooth, there's no lag at all, and graphics are amazing.
Also note for each of this games there are several versions which are slighty different (actually optimizations for specific devices), be careful to take the proper version.
7th December 2010, 09:37 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdaid

I will not fall into the 3610 vs 3630 discussion again but what i can tell you is that all the games mentioned (except avatar <- i don't know) go smooth, there's no lag at all, and graphics are amazing.
Also note for each of this games there are several versions which are slighty different (actually optimizations for specific devices), be careful to take the proper version.

Thank you, i dont know nothing about a 3610 vs 3630 discussion, sorry. So defy has GPU is true?
What good news for me hehehe and for example psx4droid run so good that nexus or desire?
Do you know that with froyo we will can take 720p videos?
Sorry for so many questions but in other foros, and pages i dont find much information about this phone.
Thanks
8th December 2010, 04:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

51 posts
Quote:

Hello. Well two days ago, i sent a question to motorola asking if the defy has or not a GPU. And this was his answer in spanish:
"Gracias por ponerse en contacto con Motorola.

Le enviamos un link donde podrá encontrar más especificaciones técnica sobre le Motorola Defy y le confirmamos que el Defy tiene procesador TI OMAP 3610 y no tiene GPU.

gsmarena.com/motorola_defy-3514.php

In english, they say that defy has not GPU... So i dont understand how can run this latest games, the processor is better that the processor of nexus or desire although the defy´s run at 800 Mhz???
With froyo we will can record video at 720p or we would need a better proce?
Thank you and sorry for the double-post
8th December 2010, 05:01 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer

508 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aikidoka90

Hello. Well two days ago, i sent a question to motorola asking if the defy has or not a GPU. And this was his answer in spanish:
"Gracias por ponerse en contacto con Motorola.

Le enviamos un link donde podrá encontrar más especificaciones técnica sobre le Motorola Defy y le confirmamos que el Defy tiene procesador TI OMAP 3610 y no tiene GPU.

gsmarena.com/motorola_defy-3514.php

In english, they say that defy has not GPU... So i dont understand how can run this latest games, the processor is better that the processor of nexus or desire although the defy´s run at 800 Mhz???
With froyo we will can record video at 720p or we would need a better proce?
Thank you and sorry for the double-post

It sounds like a joke... Motorola sent to you a link to gsmarena instead of a link to their own specs page? This is absolutely unreliable.

However, this is the link you're looking for:

http://community.developer.motorola....-p/7794/page/3

As you can see they confirmed defy has a PowerVR SGX 530 renderer (GPU).

About 720p video recording:
Eclair or Froyo does not matter, it depends by defy's hardware, omap3630 can do it while omap3610 can't.
So, Motorola say 3610 + GPU (check out the link above) but all the "system info" apps tell us there's a 3630 inside.
8th December 2010, 05:18 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer

508 posts
If you still have doubts take a look here:

http://developer.motorola.com/products/defy/
8th December 2010, 05:50 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

51 posts
Quote:

It sounds like a joke... Motorola sent to you a link to gsmarena instead of a link to their own specs page? This is absolutely unreliable.

However, this is the link you're looking for:

community.developer.motorola.com/t5/Android-App-Development-for/ANN-DEFY-development-resources-available/td-p/7794/page/3

As you can see they confirmed defy has a PowerVR SGX 530 renderer (GPU).

About 720p video recording:
Eclair or Froyo does not matter, it depends by defy's hardware, omap3630 can do it while omap3610 can't.
So, Motorola say 3610 + GPU (check out the link above) but all the "system info" apps tell us there's a 3630 inside.

Its not a joke, is true. This is what they answer me :S
I know like you, is very extrange that motorola sends me a link to gsmarena...

OK, in the last link you post it I believe that it has GPU, I hadn´t seen where sais OPEN GL Renderer.
Thanks for the info.

PD: The person motorola that answer my question is complete idiot so...
8th December 2010, 06:21 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Developer

508 posts
You're welcome.

In my opinion (just an opinion, nothing sure) should be omap3610 + GPU, not 3630, so you'll have no trouble with games but probably there's no 720p rec available.

You can try asking to Motorola again but be sure to get the answer from another person
8th December 2010, 06:38 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

51 posts
Quote:

You're welcome.

In my opinion (just an opinion, nothing sure) should be omap3610 + GPU, not 3630, so you'll have no trouble with games but probably there's no 720p rec available.

You can try asking to Motorola again but be sure to get the answer from another person

I think that with an update we will can record video at 720p, because, for example, with te moto xt08:
developer.motorola.com/products/xt806/
with ti omap3430, that run at 600 Mhz, record video in 720p :S

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread