cyanogen - http://twitter.com/cyanogen
codeworkx - http://twitter.com/codeworkx
dumdidum - http://twitter.com/dumdidum
coolya - http://twitter.com/coolya
finghin - http://twitter.com/finghin
eugene - http://twitter.com/eugene_373
and a lot more!
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!
All source code is available at http://github.com/codeworkx! Send pull requests with your changes!
- First time flashing CM6 to your Vibrant (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager.
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. Flash the INITIAL kernel via ODIN.
5. Install the ROM.
6. [OPTIONAL] Install the Google add-on.
7. [OPTIONAL] Install Eugene's kernel.
8. [OPTIONAL] Install latest su binary.
- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!
Initial Kernel: http://www.codeworkx.de/download/cya...el-initial.tar
CyanogenMod Latest Version: http://www.codeworkx.de/download/cya...axyS-BETA3.zip
Google Apps Add-on: http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/...114-signed.zip
Eugene's Kernel: http://www.multiupload.com/682GAOWJ4B (fixes battery drain, kernel panics, and wake issue. adds OC/UC.)
su binary: goo.gl/Qzi8w (if apps think the phone isn't rooted.)
[NEW] 05012011 Nightly Build: http://www.codeworkx.de/download/cya...yS-NIGHTLY.zip (VERY EXPERIMENTAL.)
Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.
The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!