[TELUS ONLY] [ROM] FadedFroyo v0.01 for the Fascinate!
THIS LINE IS IMPORTANT! IF YOU ARE ON A VERIZON (Or any carrier besides TELUS in CANADA) THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR YOU AND WILL PROBABLY BRICK YOUR PHONE
This is in the Verizon forum because it is the best result on google.
Sorry the mad use of format tags.
IF YOU HAVE QUICK QUESTIONS, TWITTER ME!
Release 2 in as many days. This time, beta 3! Thanks vibrant developers, you make life swell
--Fixed the home button problem! Search = HOME, Home and back are still back. I'll work on REALLY fixing it later.
--Market sync is behaving once again, Swype installs (I have the legit beta, still trying to learn how to package it in, if anyone can tell me how, PLEASE DO! because the stock SGS Swype does NOT work)
That's about it for this release.
THINGS IM WORKING ON
--Actually fixing the home button problem and not dodging it.
--Getting the old SGS camera app working. I'll do that tomorrow probably (12/08/10)
--Packaging swype in with the rom. Because it pwns.
--Theme maybe? Haven't thought that far ahead but I want one.
--DEAR GOD LAUNCHER PRO.
CREDITS! Since this is barely my work.
cyanogen - http://twitter.com/cyanogen
codeworkx - http://twitter.com/codeworkx
dumdidum - http://twitter.com/dumdidum
coolya - http://twitter.com/coolya
finghin - http://twitter.com/finghin
eugene - http://twitter.com/eugene_373
and a lot more!
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
I told you so.
To install this, you need to know how to use Odin. I will not be giving lessons. I will not be responsible if you take your lessons from a bad youtube video, or a nerdy neighbour who isn't quite right. Be careful.
IF YOU ARE COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM, OBVIOUSLY WIPE FIRST! If you are updating, you should be okay. I'll change this if something changes.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
1. -- Install clockwork recovery for the VIBRANT
2. -- Place the zip files in the package on either the internal or external SD, I recommend having an external around for back up purposes if your internal mounts as a CD Drive like mine does.
3. -- FLASH KERNEL FIRST! Use the files in the package through ODIN, have not tested clockwork for flashing, I'd rather not. Maybe later.
4. -- Install Current FadedFroyo version included in package.
5. -- (OPTIONAL) INSTALL GAPPS! You want these, obviously. But only the first time.
, I added my servers as the mirror for the download, much faster than Megaupload, cheers
FadedFroyo BETA v0.01 - Cyanogen 6.1