Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 54,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Super Clean ROM 0.3 for MESMERIZE!

Tip us?

jt1134
Old
(Last edited by jt1134; 27th December 2010 at 12:46 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,134

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM] Super Clean ROM 0.3 for MESMERIZE!

Hi guys. I got my hands on some DI14 files from the Mesmerize and decided to cook up a ROM. This ROM is very lightweight (removed as much touchwiz stuff as I could), and is very similar the version I have released for the Fascinate.

[warning]THIS IS ONLY FOR THE USCC MESMERIZE!!! DON'T FLASH ON ANY OTHER PHONE!!! IF YOU DO, I WILL LAUGH AT YOU!!![/warning]

Features:
Latest versions of :
Google Maps
ADWLauncher
Google Voice
Google Street View
Superuser
YouTube

Aosp or additional apps:
DeskClock
FileManager
Gallery3D
Mms
Music Player

Other stuff:
bash / bmlunlock / busybox / nano / redbend_ua / strace binaries are included
fully functional terminfo for bash
lots of extra ringtones/sounds pulled from aosp
SGS boot and shutdown animations

LOTS of stuff removed, don't have a list, sorry.

Also included in the package is a custom kernel, which allows use of aosp style bootanimations (among other things) and has been optimized for speed and reliability. - kernel has been removed

Enjoy.

http://db.tt/PQYLPWX

WARNING: I do not have a Mesmerize so I cannot test anything myself. This ROM has been tested by a few people, but, if you have issues try wiping data, otherwise, please let me know of any bugs. Thanks.
BTC : 1BedydmJwmh5S5qccyhMVZAyWdaYmVxP9A
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jt1134 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phidelt82
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 391
testing now...

Sophos1
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Flashed this a few minutes ago. Seems much snappier than stock. JT, can't thank you enough. I'll report back after I've used it a bit.

~Sophos

chidesd
Old
Thanks Meter 4
about to test it thanks

chidesd
Old
Thanks Meter 4
seems to work well the lock screen seems quicker but im having some pauses when in some apps. was wondering the name of the twitter and facebook feed app that comes standard on mesmerize liked that app but found it was missing in this rom

phidelt82
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 391
8hrs and going well. Couldn't get custom boot animation or BLN to work with kernel update so I flashed back to the 1130 kernel. Once I finish the final touches on this boot animation I'll upload it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

androidman78
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Cool JT THANK YOU.....Will get back to you.

phidelt82
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidesd View Post
seems to work well the lock screen seems quicker but im having some pauses when in some apps. was wondering the name of the twitter and facebook feed app that comes standard on mesmerize liked that app but found it was missing in this rom
They are missing because they are bloat. Hence the "Super" in Super Clean ROM. The less in it from the start, the cleaner the build. There can and will be variations to this ROM, I'm sure, now that JT has been kind enough to give us a starting point. The pauses you are experiencing, I believe, are writes. When a ROM is deodexed, the .odex files are placed back into the apk for various reasons, including themes, causing the system to have to have to perform a few extra writes to cache. This should speed up as you use your phone. As I said, I believe this is correct, but I'm still learning so this may not be exactly what is happening. In testing the previous builds, I noticed the same thing and that this went away with use.

ganzhimself
Old
Thanks Meter 4
The only thing that I see as an issue is BLN doesn't appear to work. Oh well. Maybe in a future build.

wmedlin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Any way to get the original messaging working i like the way it shows the messages and maybe your navigator from uscc.