Thread Deleted

[ROM] Super Clean ROM 0.3 for MESMERIZE!

OP jt1134

8th December 2010, 04:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,135

1,085 posts
Donate to Me
Hi guys. I got my hands on some DI14 files from the Mesmerize and decided to cook up a ROM. This ROM is very lightweight (removed as much touchwiz stuff as I could), and is very similar the version I have released for the Fascinate.

[warning]THIS IS ONLY FOR THE USCC MESMERIZE!!! DON'T FLASH ON ANY OTHER PHONE!!! IF YOU DO, I WILL LAUGH AT YOU!!![/warning]

Features:
Latest versions of :
Google Maps
ADWLauncher
Google Voice
Google Street View
Superuser
YouTube

Aosp or additional apps:
DeskClock
FileManager
Gallery3D
Mms
Music Player

Other stuff:
bash / bmlunlock / busybox / nano / redbend_ua / strace binaries are included
fully functional terminfo for bash
lots of extra ringtones/sounds pulled from aosp
SGS boot and shutdown animations

LOTS of stuff removed, don't have a list, sorry.

Also included in the package is a custom kernel, which allows use of aosp style bootanimations (among other things) and has been optimized for speed and reliability. - kernel has been removed

Enjoy.

http://db.tt/PQYLPWX

WARNING: I do not have a Mesmerize so I cannot test anything myself. This ROM has been tested by a few people, but, if you have issues try wiping data, otherwise, please let me know of any bugs. Thanks.
Last edited by jt1134; 27th December 2010 at 12:46 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jt1134 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th December 2010, 05:12 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 391

754 posts
More
testing now...
8th December 2010, 06:48 AM   |  #3  
Flag Pacific NW
Thanks Meter: 12

170 posts
More
Flashed this a few minutes ago. Seems much snappier than stock. JT, can't thank you enough. I'll report back after I've used it a bit.

~Sophos
8th December 2010, 07:55 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

102 posts
about to test it thanks
8th December 2010, 09:09 AM   |  #5  

102 posts
seems to work well the lock screen seems quicker but im having some pauses when in some apps. was wondering the name of the twitter and facebook feed app that comes standard on mesmerize liked that app but found it was missing in this rom
8th December 2010, 02:11 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer

754 posts
More
8hrs and going well. Couldn't get custom boot animation or BLN to work with kernel update so I flashed back to the 1130 kernel. Once I finish the final touches on this boot animation I'll upload it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
8th December 2010, 04:37 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chicago, IL.
Thanks Meter: 22

53 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cool JT THANK YOU.....Will get back to you.
8th December 2010, 05:22 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Developer

754 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidesd

seems to work well the lock screen seems quicker but im having some pauses when in some apps. was wondering the name of the twitter and facebook feed app that comes standard on mesmerize liked that app but found it was missing in this rom

They are missing because they are bloat. Hence the "Super" in Super Clean ROM. The less in it from the start, the cleaner the build. There can and will be variations to this ROM, I'm sure, now that JT has been kind enough to give us a starting point. The pauses you are experiencing, I believe, are writes. When a ROM is deodexed, the .odex files are placed back into the apk for various reasons, including themes, causing the system to have to have to perform a few extra writes to cache. This should speed up as you use your phone. As I said, I believe this is correct, but I'm still learning so this may not be exactly what is happening. In testing the previous builds, I noticed the same thing and that this went away with use.
8th December 2010, 05:38 PM   |  #9  

87 posts
The only thing that I see as an issue is BLN doesn't appear to work. Oh well. Maybe in a future build.
8th December 2010, 09:02 PM   |  #10  
Flag RockyMount
Thanks Meter: 1

59 posts
More
Any way to get the original messaging working i like the way it shows the messages and maybe your navigator from uscc.

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread