Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,397 Members 45,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

READ FIRST! - Rooting, Solutions to Problems, the Answer to Life (Updated:11/29/11)

Tip us?

sekigah84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 431

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh roxxorz View Post
Well some users have claimed clockwork not completely wiping when you select wipe. Also the dalvik is located under advanced -few extra clicks-

On amon_ra, you don't need to worry about edify or amend scripting, as it accepts both, unlike clockwork 3.0+. If you were to flash an amend package on it, you'd get an error [on clockworkmod]. Also, on amon_ra, all the wipes are under wipe, neatly laid out, ect.

People tend to have less issues on it, but personally never had an issue on clockwork.
More or less. Amon RA doesn't work well with ROM Manager since RM is made to be used with CW.

Since I'm using CM7 as my daily and dabble in other ROMs for fun, I mainly use CW now. It ultimately comes as a matter of preference.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - I'm loving it.
Sprint Framily ID: e00191220Pg

Don't forget to thank those who helped you with a click of that button over there.

Mantle107
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You guys are awesome and totally got me thru rooting and flashing roms. Amazing and thank you

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

teh roxxorz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,089

DONATE TO ME
Glad the community could help.
この こえ かれて も きえない メロヂー

The difference between the strong and weak willed is that the weak traverse with wounds covered up and hide when attacked, while the strong stride on with open hands and tears. Wounds bared open, and will continue to go on, even when broken at their core

Nexus 5
Teh Kernel kill count: 3
</3

If you wanna chat, message me.
Xbox Live: teh roxxorz [Live is up]
PSN [PS3 | PS4]: tehroxxorz666 [Where you'll likely find me]

My dropbox is a little hungry again, if you'd like a dropbox, register via my link, and we'll both get an extra 500mb storage. Thank you in advance you beautiful person you.

mike02466
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Thank you XDA for all these guides. Make life alot easier.

sekigah84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 431

DONATE TO ME
Welcome and happy and safe rooting.

Don't forget to thank those who helped you with a click of that button over there.

ant76
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Can some one tell me its this battery screwed or an I just really freakin hard on a battery the past 2 days its like I can't get it charged if I'm doing anything

Ava froyo z3
netarchy-toastmod-4.3-cfs-nohavs-noUV-sbc

Sent from my slightly dazed and confused pc36100 using XDA premium app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1304052779588.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	581429  

nvidiajunkie
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
pretty gnarly guide man. im still new to the whole root/rom stuff (just started a few days ago w/ some definite help from teh roxxors), however this one, imo...is for people starting out like myself who need semi-to-full barney style directions on some of this stuff til we get the hang of it. thanks for the hard work and keep it up.

sekigah84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 431

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidiajunkie View Post
pretty gnarly guide man. im still new to the whole root/rom stuff (just started a few days ago w/ some definite help from teh roxxors), however this one, imo...is for people starting out like myself who need semi-to-full barney style directions on some of this stuff til we get the hang of it. thanks for the hard work and keep it up.
Barney style. LOL

teh roxxorz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,089

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekigah84 View Post
Barney style. LOL
Lol I love it, though he is getting the hang of it.
この こえ かれて も きえない メロヂー

The difference between the strong and weak willed is that the weak traverse with wounds covered up and hide when attacked, while the strong stride on with open hands and tears. Wounds bared open, and will continue to go on, even when broken at their core

Nexus 5
Teh Kernel kill count: 3
</3

If you wanna chat, message me.
Xbox Live: teh roxxorz [Live is up]
PSN [PS3 | PS4]: tehroxxorz666 [Where you'll likely find me]

My dropbox is a little hungry again, if you'd like a dropbox, register via my link, and we'll both get an extra 500mb storage. Thank you in advance you beautiful person you.

sekigah84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 431

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh roxxorz View Post
Lol I love it, though he is getting the hang of it.
Rox. You are everywhere. How the hell do you do it? I'm jumping all over the place and you keep beating me to the punch! Go on a vacation damn you! lol