Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,032 Members 52,749 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery life of Samsung Focus is short.

Tip us?

wangxiaohu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Battery life of Samsung Focus is short.

Does anyone agree that the battery life for Samsung Focus is really short?

I use my phone to check emails, browse websites and listen to music during lunch, dinner and on the road. The total hands on time per day is roughly 2hrs. But if I only charge it overnight, not anytime else, it only last until right after dinner.

It unacceptably short comparing to my ex-phone, HTC Touch Pro2.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Who should take care of this issue? Samsung or Microsoft?

jimenez16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My phone on moderate use will last me 1.5-2 days but I usually charge it at the end of the night regardless. In the first couple of days I did notice that the battery would drain pretty fast but seemed to get better after that.

FishFaceMcGee
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Mine will typically go from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. or so while still having the battery indicator having something inside. That's with it being used all day as an mp3 player, triaging email, web surfing, and Twitter.

siralex241
Old
(Last edited by siralex241; 8th December 2010 at 07:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
When you get a new phone the battery has to go through a couple of cycles charging for the phone to calibrate. Also, keep in mind things that drain battery: light theme, streaming, basically downloading massive amounts of data. Make you sure you discharge your battery to about 10% and fully charge your battery a couple of times. Try not to go below 10% not good for battery. Make sure you are using wall adapter ac to charge. Charging from a pc is very slow and generally doesn't fully charge unless you leave it plugged for a LONG time.

Light use I'd say 1.5 days

Moderate 1 full day

Heavy use 7-8 hours
[Nokia Lumia 920 Yellow] [Stock rom] [WP8] [AT&T USA ]
OS Version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware:1232.5962.1314.0001
Radio:1.0.202009MT.3

[Samsung Focus SGH-i917] [Version REV. 1.3] [WP7] [At&t USA ]

Sold to my friend
FuzE|6.5| Energyrom Sense 2.5 build 21681| At&t network USA
Radio: 1.14.25.35
Cabs and tweaks...anything JVH3 has(standard)
others(what i want)

http://www.culturedtees.com

enjoythemusic
Old
Thanks Meter 6
With light use i get about 4 to 5 days, heavy use i get about a day or two. Check to see if you have location services (GPS) running, wifi, etc as the more parasitic things you can turn off the better the battery life of course.
Enjoy the Music,

Steven
Radio Shack Nokia CT-300, Motorola 8000H, iDen GSM, Motorola MPx220, Palm Pilot, 3125, HP Jornada 720, HTC Fuze, Samsung Focus, Apple iPad 2, iPad 4 w/4G LTE, HTC Jetstream, Samsung Galaxy Note, Note II, Note III, Galaxy Gear Watch, Nexus 7, Nexus 10... and at least three others i have forgotten what they were(!).

Tempest790
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Mine lasts all day for me. A long 16+ hour day with moderate usage leaves me at about 30-35% battery. I keep Wi-Fi turned off and bluetooth always on. Not bad for a smart phone. I've seen phones far worse than this (Sprint Epic anyone?).

1jaxstate1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My battery last abour 8 - 9 hours, and I'm running for a outlet by then. But I'm a heavy user. Bt headphones with the music playing, twitter constantly, facebook, text, email, IE..., pretty much all of those 8 - 9 hours.
Moto MPX220 -> Samsung Blackjack -> HTC 8525 ->Samsung BLackjack 2 -> iPhone 3G -> BlackBerry Bold -> iPhone 3G again -> BlackBerry Pearl (yikes) -> HTC Touch Pro 2

FL5
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I have just about everything that I can find turned on, and have been using my new toy as much as possible. With that, I'm having to charge about twice a day, which is roughly where I was at with my Tilt2. Your battery drainage really sounds like it's normal, and likely related entirely to how much crap you have turned on and running in the background. The biggest drainer of the battery in any phone is gonna be the radio, so if you want to improve battery life, turn off stuff that connects to the network and set your email/weather/tweets/facebook to refresh much less often. Select "as items arrive" for your hotmail and Gmail so that they push instead of pull. Check your basics first before trying to find a customer service rep to chew out.
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4 (i337)
HTC One X (AT&T), Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy S II (AT&T - i777), WP7 Early Adopter: Samsung Focus
Dell Streak 5, NOOKcolor, iPod Touch 4G

Old favorite toy: AT&T Tilt 2 (Rhodium)
Yes, I still have all of these, and they still work.

Seed 2.0
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I'm happy with my battery life. I just charge it every night like I have every phone Ive owned. I use my phones as my morning alarm clock. I have all location services active, and i activate WiFi when usable. At work I leave it plugged in to stream music and podcast.

codyt01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Coming from Android and Droid Incredible, the Focus is awesome on battery. I have no problem lasting the full day. I charge my phone each night overnight.

Tags
battery, samsung focus