Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 47,326 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android keyboard problems

Tip us?

ooyyeh
Old
(Last edited by ooyyeh; 8th December 2010 at 08:31 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Android keyboard problems

Hi everybody,

I got my new LGOO. I am not new to Android, I was using a phone with 2.1 before and I want the same keyboard than before.

* Dictionary

When I active the Android Keyboard there is no prediction which word I want to write, only the ones from my contacts.
I found a tool in the market (User Dictionary Manager (UDM) 3.1) but this only adds words to the user dictionay and doesn't make differences between languages. I want to use english and german from time to time so I need it both seperated. It seems like the phone doesnt have the languages files out of the box. Is it somehow possible to copy and paste it to the system? (I have root access)

* Correction

Also it doesn't correct my errors of typing. This worked under 2.1 and I can't find an option to activate it.

Thanks

vascoac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooyyeh View Post
Hi everybody,

I got my new LGOO. I am not new to Android, I was using a phone with 2.1 before and I want the same keyboard than before.

* Dictionary

When I active the Android Keyboard there is no prediction which word I want to write, only the ones from my contacts.
I found a tool in the market (User Dictionary Manager (UDM) 3.1) but this only adds words to the user dictionay and doesn't make differences between languages. I want to use english and german from time to time so I need it both seperated. It seems like the phone doesnt have the languages files out of the box. Is it somehow possible to copy and paste it to the system? (I have root access)

* Correction

Also it doesn't correct my errors of typing. This worked under 2.1 and I can't find an option to activate it.

Thanks
i happen to have the same problem... does anyone knows how to solve it?

crimescene
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same problem too

Sent from my LG-P500

inoxuno
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Someone has solved installing the gingerbread keyboard.
I solved installing Swype keyboard.

emyller
Old
Thanks Meter 74

DONATE TO ME
any luck with this?

this happens only with stock roms. i tried the Android keyboard on custom roms and it was perfect.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

anyway, I'm really glad that the "gingerbread keyboard" app works and replaces the default kb.

emyller
Old
Thanks Meter 74

DONATE TO ME
btw, I just installed the newest Swype beta and it's simply awesome.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App