Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 49,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] Rush to be Ginger...

Tip us?

eigokyoukan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 306
Default [DEV] Rush to be Ginger...

Posting for some feedback. Already there are ways to get the Gingerbread keyboard running on 2.2. Now a moddified gingerbread launcher has been made for froyo...

I am working on porting Gingerbread to our hardware... but I am more interested in the internal things... new drivers, function calls, ect...

Working that out might take a bit... but by this weekend (maybe sooner with some help) a sort of Gingerbread Lite, or Froyo 2.25 could be done, but with just the cosmetics pretty much...

What would you the users rather have? 2.3 Framework, or Froyo with the frontend of ginger?

knzo
Old
Thanks Meter 3908
Yea, what I'd want are 2.3 APIs.
Who cares about the looks or launcher.

svceon
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noejn View Post
+1, i'm really interested in seeing what Joshua Topolsky calls "Blazing Fast", as well as the "Hot Wax Treatment"

=D

tcmixx
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Black Statusbar plz

tanjiajin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hell yea. +1 to black status bar! XD

Jamelly
Old
Thanks Meter 7
+1 to APIs. I couldn't care less about the appearance (although....), I'm more on performance.

eigokyoukan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 306
"Blazingly Fast" On 1GHz Hummingbird.... Froyo is no slouch on those either. Everything I read from Google's documentation, and reviews seem to point to it just being more streamlined in general anyway. Poop, who needs a reason, I just want it on my phone because LG said no.

Thanks for the input.

Time to rest mind. Will be rolling up sleeves and getting digitally dirty tomorrow (yay off days!)

svceon
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by eigokyoukan View Post
"Blazingly Fast" On 1GHz Hummingbird.... Froyo is no slouch on those either. Everything I read from Google's documentation, and reviews seem to point to it just being more streamlined in general anyway. Poop, who needs a reason, I just want it on my phone because LG said no.

Thanks for the input.

Time to rest mind. Will be rolling up sleeves and getting digitally dirty tomorrow (yay off days!)
Don't get me wrong about the "Blazing Fast" *thing*, i know that Nexus S is hardware wise the top of the whole android line, but i'm really curious to se gingerbread's new internal work/performance.

But hell yeah, i love this way of thinking (as i think this way too):
Quote:
Originally Posted by eigokyoukan View Post
Poop, who needs a reason, I just want it on my phone because LG said no.

vuhai6
Old
Thanks Meter 0
"LG released information prematurely regarding the minimum processor upgrade requirements for the LG Optimus. Google recently announced the Gingerbread platform and has not yet published the Gingerbread Compatibility Definition Document (CDD) or the public branch open source code. Once the CDD and the source code is public, LG will evaluate the upgradability of the Optimus Series. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding. We will alert you as soon as more information on this topic is available."

engadget

skinniezinho
Old
Thanks Meter 52

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noejn View Post
+1 just care about performance