App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Force a flip of landscape?

9th December 2010, 12:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29

348 posts
A couple of apps so far (angry birds & rock player) are not the orientation I would like. Basically, I want to flip their orientation in landscape as it's not comfortable holding my nook while in it's case.

Is there an app or a means of doing that?
9th December 2010, 05:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 14

395 posts
My birds are always flipped ohohoooo that sounds bad
10th December 2010, 02:42 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

348 posts
Heh, I guess there's no way to do this. I don't understand why landscape apps wouldn't read the orientation of the device and change the display accordingly.
10th December 2010, 03:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

55 posts
I thought I came across a way to force screen orientation, but I can't find it. Maybe I was hallucinating - wouldn't be the first time.

I'm so used to reading books on my Touch Pro2 in landscape that it was downright uncomfortable reading in portrait on the NC. The Kindle app recognizes the orientation of the tablet, but the Nook reader doesn't and I could find a way last night to force it.

Maybe that'll be my first app.
10th December 2010, 03:38 PM   |  #5  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 391

2,039 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edison

I thought I came across a way to force screen orientation, but I can't find it. Maybe I was hallucinating - wouldn't be the first time.

I'm so used to reading books on my Touch Pro2 in landscape that it was downright uncomfortable reading in portrait on the NC. The Kindle app recognizes the orientation of the tablet, but the Nook reader doesn't and I could find a way last night to force it.

Maybe that'll be my first app.

Beautiful Widgets has rotate one..

-CC
15th December 2010, 04:40 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

348 posts
I installed beautiful widgets, I couldn't even get the clock to appear on my desktop. Not sure if this will help with apps like angry birds etc.

edison make it your first app!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread