Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,163 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Force a flip of landscape?

Tip us?

sark666
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Force a flip of landscape?

A couple of apps so far (angry birds & rock player) are not the orientation I would like. Basically, I want to flip their orientation in landscape as it's not comfortable holding my nook while in it's case.

Is there an app or a means of doing that?

devis
Old
Thanks Meter 14
My birds are always flipped ohohoooo that sounds bad
I see dead phones, calling around just like regular phones.

My cell phone history: Ericsson GH788, Mitsubishi T200, Sanyo BAM 201, LG V111, Ericsson T28, T39, T68, T68i, Panasonic GD87, GD55, Nokia 3660, 6600, Motorola V525, A360, Panasonic X701, Palm Treo 600, HTC Blue Angel, Wizard, Herald, Kaiser, Touch Pro 2, Doubleshot MT4GS

sark666
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Heh, I guess there's no way to do this. I don't understand why landscape apps wouldn't read the orientation of the device and change the display accordingly.

edison
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I thought I came across a way to force screen orientation, but I can't find it. Maybe I was hallucinating - wouldn't be the first time.

I'm so used to reading books on my Touch Pro2 in landscape that it was downright uncomfortable reading in portrait on the NC. The Kindle app recognizes the orientation of the tablet, but the Nook reader doesn't and I could find a way last night to force it.

Maybe that'll be my first app.

clockcycle
Old
Thanks Meter 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by edison View Post
I thought I came across a way to force screen orientation, but I can't find it. Maybe I was hallucinating - wouldn't be the first time.

I'm so used to reading books on my Touch Pro2 in landscape that it was downright uncomfortable reading in portrait on the NC. The Kindle app recognizes the orientation of the tablet, but the Nook reader doesn't and I could find a way last night to force it.

Maybe that'll be my first app.
Beautiful Widgets has rotate one..

-CC
Disclaimer: The information contained herein is made for educational purposes only. If you decide to access linked third-party web sites or make use of said information, you do so at your own risk. The information may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, correct, timely, current or up-to-date.

sark666
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
I installed beautiful widgets, I couldn't even get the clock to appear on my desktop. Not sure if this will help with apps like angry birds etc.

edison make it your first app!