XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need Some Help with my G1

Tip us?

Joe92T
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Need Some Help with my G1

Whats up fellas, so i had some questions that I was hoping some of you could answer.

I have a G1 that is currently running CM6.. I beleive it has Amon Recovery 1.7 and whatever else.. Basically i jumped ship from Tmobile awile back and I now use Verizon and have a Droid X... So my old G1 is just sitting around collecting dust and being unused... It has no plan whatsoever and it has no sim card either

Since this is a little toy now and I dont care what happens to it..I was actually curious to know If i could revert it back to Android 1.0 RC19 and use it kind of like a Mini Tablet.. Obviously I have no data or sim card so I was hoping I could just use it over Wifi to check things out once and awile and I beleive that back in the old days of Android 1.0 you could get around having a Sim Card or having to activate your phone in general, and It would let you use it for whatever

How could I go about completely reverting my phone back to stock everything and back to RC19.. Android 1.0 ?? I thought their used to be a guide on Cyanogens Website of how to downgrade back to stock.. but thats since been deleted since hes moved onto the Nexus One

Thanks Guys

Right now my old G1 has CM6... Danger SPL.. Amon Recovery 1.7 and whatever else... Looking to get it back to stock with RC19 Android 1.0 Original
Verizon Wireless
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 w/ Gear

obso
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You should be able to use it without a sim card the way it is.

Renatog
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I think you would be losing some func
Sent from my HTC Dream using XDA App

oldnoob
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Can't say I've ever tried it, but take a look at this thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=452316