bootloop and red triangle problem solved!
BWhite22 tutorial :
If you have access to a Windows box, I would recommend doing what I did to get out of the bootloop:
1. Boot phone into Fastboot (with goldcard inserted in my case, because I have a North American Bell phone - your mileage may vary)
2. Connect to PC
3. Run RUU
That's all that was involved here. Please be sure to follow all the usual RUU precautions: battery charge, PC on a battery backup to avoid a power loss during flashing, etc. I'd hate for anyone to have problems after all this!
give thanks to Football for the RUU file
link to the RUU 3.15.403.3 file
BSwhite wrote a longer tutorial.
give him thanks
First off, before you do anything else, consider some precautionary questions:
- will flashing FroYo WWE void your warranty? Check on your provider's website, do any additional required research here.
- are you risking any language options by going to WWE? - input languages differ but are a similar list, except you can also do some East Asian languages for input. (And Turkish, I think)
The languages/locales included in WWE are: (some guesswork in here)
English - many different European countries, South Africa, Israel (The South African English TTS voice had better sound like Wikus from District 9! )
French - various European countries, but names are in French so a couple former French colonies might be included that I haven't noticed
Italian - Austria, Switzerland, Germany, UK, Italy
Spanish - Spain, UK
Dutch - Netherlands, Luxembourg
German - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Luxembourg
Greek - Greece (or at least it's Greek letters... I assume it says 'Greek'!!)
Portuguese - Portugal, South Africa
Norwegian (Bokmal) - Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland
Danish - Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland
Swedish - Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland
Czech - Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Slovenia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania?
Polish - Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania
Russian - followed by a good 8 or 10 Cyrillic names that I have no idea how to read
- is there any possibility that flashing WWE will cause network problems for you? There was a gentleman or lady in this thread describing some network problems on Bell - I believe it was resolved to their satisfaction however. (In and around posts 480-490)
There may be additional questions worth asking yourself. I can't make any guarantee, but I also don't want to sound like your Dad, so here's the rest of the instructions.
- Back up EVERYTHING as much as you can. The RUU will wipe your phone. Instructions on backing up are outside the scope of this post. Back up the contents of your SD card if you plan to turn it into a goldcard.
- Get a goldcard if you don't have one already. http://theunlockr.com/2010/03/10/how...te-a-goldcard/ , but skip section II and steps 3 & 4 under section III. Instead of those steps, use the Astro method outlined in the comment on that page by 'rooli'; the comment starts with: "i had really big problems getting the cid till i found out all you need is the "astro" app.... than:" Then proceed from step 5.
- Insert your goldcard into the phone. Connect your phone to your PC via USB. You may need to install HTC Sync in order to get USB drivers.
- I believe you should be able to run the RUU from within normal device operations mode, but if you have to go into Fastboot to do it like I did (my phone was badly messed up from before) you will need suitable USB drivers from the Android SDK. The SDK is a free download which also requires the Java JDK to be installed.
- Once your device is successfully connected, run the RUU. Ensure your phone is at least 30% charged and that your PC will not lose power during the operation. (Do it on a laptop with a decent battery charge, put your desktop PC on a battery backup, etc.) Follow any other precautions the RUU provides.
NOTE: You may want to try flashing RUU 2.03 (available at shipped-roms.com) or something onto the phone first as a test-run, because that won't bring your HBOOT so far ahead version-wise and having an older HBOOT can be pretty handy in some cases. Once you're satisfied that the 2.03 RUU is done and the WWE is working, maybe updating to 3.15 (FroYo) will be easier. It's your choice.
That should be all there is to it! If I've overlooked anything, please let me know.
my phone cant install the new froyo update.
when installing it goes to the known red traingle with the ! mark.
things i tried.
renaming update to update.zip en tried to install. -failed
formatting SD card -failed
other Sd card -failed
factory reset -failed
anyone some ideas/solutions?