5,595,000 Members 38,698 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SOLVED!!Froyo Wont install, error in file red traingle with !

Tip us?

kleutscher
Old
(Last edited by kleutscher; 14th December 2010 at 10:14 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Talking SOLVED!!Froyo Wont install, error in file red traingle with !

UPDATE:

bootloop and red triangle problem solved!
BWhite22 tutorial :
If you have access to a Windows box, I would recommend doing what I did to get out of the bootloop:

1. Boot phone into Fastboot (with goldcard inserted in my case, because I have a North American Bell phone - your mileage may vary)
2. Connect to PC
3. Run RUU
4. Bingo

That's all that was involved here. Please be sure to follow all the usual RUU precautions: battery charge, PC on a battery backup to avoid a power loss during flashing, etc. I'd hate for anyone to have problems after all this!

give thanks to Football for the RUU file

link to the RUU 3.15.403.3 file
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=870345

BSwhite wrote a longer tutorial.
give him thanks

First off, before you do anything else, consider some precautionary questions:

- will flashing FroYo WWE void your warranty? Check on your provider's website, do any additional required research here.

- are you risking any language options by going to WWE? - input languages differ but are a similar list, except you can also do some East Asian languages for input. (And Turkish, I think)
The languages/locales included in WWE are: (some guesswork in here)

English - many different European countries, South Africa, Israel (The South African English TTS voice had better sound like Wikus from District 9! )
French - various European countries, but names are in French so a couple former French colonies might be included that I haven't noticed
Italian - Austria, Switzerland, Germany, UK, Italy
Spanish - Spain, UK
Dutch - Netherlands, Luxembourg
German - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Luxembourg
Greek - Greece (or at least it's Greek letters... I assume it says 'Greek'!!)
Portuguese - Portugal, South Africa
Norwegian (Bokmal) - Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland
Danish - Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland
Swedish - Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland
Czech - Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Slovenia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania?
Polish - Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania
Russian - followed by a good 8 or 10 Cyrillic names that I have no idea how to read
Suomi (Finnish)
Hebrew

- is there any possibility that flashing WWE will cause network problems for you? There was a gentleman or lady in this thread describing some network problems on Bell - I believe it was resolved to their satisfaction however. (In and around posts 480-490)

There may be additional questions worth asking yourself. I can't make any guarantee, but I also don't want to sound like your Dad, so here's the rest of the instructions.

- Back up EVERYTHING as much as you can. The RUU will wipe your phone. Instructions on backing up are outside the scope of this post. Back up the contents of your SD card if you plan to turn it into a goldcard.

- Get a goldcard if you don't have one already. http://theunlockr.com/2010/03/10/how...te-a-goldcard/ , but skip section II and steps 3 & 4 under section III. Instead of those steps, use the Astro method outlined in the comment on that page by 'rooli'; the comment starts with: "i had really big problems getting the cid till i found out all you need is the "astro" app.... than:" Then proceed from step 5.

- Insert your goldcard into the phone. Connect your phone to your PC via USB. You may need to install HTC Sync in order to get USB drivers.

- I believe you should be able to run the RUU from within normal device operations mode, but if you have to go into Fastboot to do it like I did (my phone was badly messed up from before) you will need suitable USB drivers from the Android SDK. The SDK is a free download which also requires the Java JDK to be installed.

- Once your device is successfully connected, run the RUU. Ensure your phone is at least 30% charged and that your PC will not lose power during the operation. (Do it on a laptop with a decent battery charge, put your desktop PC on a battery backup, etc.) Follow any other precautions the RUU provides.

NOTE: You may want to try flashing RUU 2.03 (available at shipped-roms.com) or something onto the phone first as a test-run, because that won't bring your HBOOT so far ahead version-wise and having an older HBOOT can be pretty handy in some cases. Once you're satisfied that the 2.03 RUU is done and the WWE is working, maybe updating to 3.15 (FroYo) will be easier. It's your choice.

That should be all there is to it! If I've overlooked anything, please let me know.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
my phone cant install the new froyo update.
when installing it goes to the known red traingle with the ! mark.

things i tried.
renaming update to update.zip en tried to install. -failed
formatting SD card -failed
other Sd card -failed
factory reset -failed

anyone some ideas/solutions?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kleutscher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ANtiHazarD
Old
Thanks Meter 16
the same question!
So with this progress we will have our community which will called "Fckng Red Triangle"

Guybrush02
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same here for me. A brand new unrooted Legend.
I'll try with another SD card after work.

kleutscher
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6

a have faith soon we will have a working froyo.
maybe its something ****ing simple:P.
ill keep on trying.

ab1cor
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same here... Very dissapointing.

kleutscher
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
hmmm im happy that i am not the only one with the problem.
with more people its easier to find a solution

Greedybro
Old
Thanks Meter 9
When I try to install it from the recovery mode, I got : "Error in /sdcard/update.zip (status 7)".

I'm looking on the web if there some same trouble resolved. I found some topic about the NExus one having the same issue... Now we have to find how solve this...

ANtiHazarD
Old
Thanks Meter 16
yes! I'm waiting now for answer from htc support... maybe them will give a good solution?

and i'm downloading now the update from my phone one more time :D

thugzie
Old
Thanks Meter 18
the same here.. tried to update trough recovery mode.. no luck though.

PandaVoyageur
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Red exclamation mark at 25%-33%
SD card has 248MB left, internal memory is now 45MB (I removed some apps after first error), so I don't think it's related to free space...

Note that my phone was originally branded (SFR - Vodafone France), but previous OTA updates worked fine :'(