Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 48,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Low volume when using headphones on Galaxy Tab

Tip us?

LordRevan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Anybody having this issue? I am stuck with headphones. They work almost fine when watching media content. The volume during a phone call is almost impossible to hear even with no background noise.I have tried different headphones but it's not helping. I still have to make a test using bluetooth. Is it a hardware issue or a software issue? I have a stock rom (Model: GT-P1000, FW: 2.2, BB: P1000XXJK5, Build: FROYO.XWJJ7). Do you think I can solve the issue upgrading to Gingerbread?

kuroz91
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Voodoo Control

Hi everybody!

Did you try the market app 'Voodoo Control'? Nice one to maximise volume, but this requires a custom kernel implementing voodoo patches, I assume.

caveman999
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I had this problem too, but with the newest version of the Overcome ROM on gingerbread voodoo control is built into the kernel which allows you to increase the maximum volume of headphone output by using the voodoo control app.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SGH-I987 using XDA Premium App

LordRevan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You are mainly saying that the only way to use my tab as a phone is by installing a custom ROM? Upgrading to 2.3 stock ROM would not fix the issue I assume.
Tags
headset volume, low volume, samsung galaxy tab, volume