Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 50,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] EVO 4G won't boot, stuck at HTC EVO 4G screen

Tip us?

zerozr1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] EVO 4G won't boot, stuck at HTC EVO 4G screen

Hi, hoping someone can help me. My phone seems to have bricked itself. A few weeks ago i had CM6 on my phone then i reverted back to the stock rom from HTC. The phone worked fine for a few weeks then about a week ago i started having random data connection issues, yesterday the phone started resetting by itself, after the third or fourth reset the phone stopped booting at all. all i get now is the white HTC EVO 4G screen or the bootloader when i hold the volume down button.

Here are the version numbers on the bootloader screen.
SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-2.02.0000
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-2.15.00.09.01
Oct 14 2010, 19:14:47

i can only get windows to recognize the phone through usb by using the HBOOT USB option and installing the android bootloader interface driver. I don't really know how to use ADB and i'm not even sure if it is seeing the phone. All i want to do it get this back to official firmware.

any and all help is appreciated
thanks.

rugedraw
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Well, it's not bricked if you get into that menu. Can you get into your recovery? If so, try wiping everything and reflashing the rom.
HTC Evo 3D (hardware 002)
InfectedROM Eternity RLS 1.4.2
Anthax RC3 kernel w/ZSL mod
32 GB class 4 SD card

HP TouchPad 32GB
CM7 Tenderloin Alpha 3 ROM

(Donate cash if you like to flash)

(ftw)

zerozr1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No i can't get into recovery, i even tried reapplying clockwork recovery trough there and all it does is install it, say it's installed ok then i reboot and try to go to recovery mode and it just goes to the white HTC EVO 4G screen

thetakara
Old
(Last edited by thetakara; 10th December 2010 at 04:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
What version of hboot do you have?

*Nevermind* Apparently I can't read. xD

What root method did you use?

zerozr1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
that's if i even installed it right.

zerozr1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i'm not sure if it even is rooted anymore because i had put the official firmware back on, when i had CM6 installed i used clockwork recovery and unrevoked

caguirr4
Old
Thanks Meter 22
well if you were able to install a custom rom like cm6 then you are more then likely rooted. you say that you cant get into recovery? you should just try running the ruu.exe and returning to complete stock and then reroot if you want.
Relocked, ice cream filled 3VO...*Somewhere else in the world-The evil HTCman will soon release the great Jellybean on 3VO's everywhere.*

Don't have a DropBox account?? Need one?? sign up here and get an extra 250MB of space!!http://db.tt/MoGtFhY

zerozr1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
the official RUU.exe doesn't see the phone. when i connect hboot in the bootloader, device manager see's the phone as android bootloader interface and it i let the boot normally and let it crash at the evo 4g screen it show's up as "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM" and doesn't have a driver. I am running Windows 7 x64

caguirr4
Old
(Last edited by caguirr4; 10th December 2010 at 04:51 PM.) Reason: link to thread added
Thanks Meter 22
maybe you should try slashing the stock pc36img.zip maybe that will get you back on track.

Edit: this is the link to the thread with the stock pc36img.zip
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=791019

and just for future reference. it is not that hard to do a search of the information that is needed. while i was here posting these things i found with the search all the info i hae given. just food for thought.
Relocked, ice cream filled 3VO...*Somewhere else in the world-The evil HTCman will soon release the great Jellybean on 3VO's everywhere.*

Don't have a DropBox account?? Need one?? sign up here and get an extra 250MB of space!!http://db.tt/MoGtFhY

rugedraw
Old
Thanks Meter 90
What caguirr4 said. With that file (or since you have s-off you can TRY getting a rom zip and renaming it to pc36img.zip) your phone will read it automatically when you boot using the volume down technique. That should at least get your phone to boot up and you can continue trouble shooting from there if you have more problems.

Remember: Conserve your battery! You don't want the juice to run out while the phone is in the middle of flashing something. THAT is how bricks are made.
HTC Evo 3D (hardware 002)
InfectedROM Eternity RLS 1.4.2
Anthax RC3 kernel w/ZSL mod
32 GB class 4 SD card

HP TouchPad 32GB
CM7 Tenderloin Alpha 3 ROM

(Donate cash if you like to flash)

(ftw)