I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM (Froyo 2.2.1) for the HTC Wildfire! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know.
Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!
About MoDaCo Custom ROMs
MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.
In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod).
- Based on an as yet unreleased official European Froyo update (2.22.405.1 / Froyo 2.2.1)
- Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
- Built, tweaked and massaged with the MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
- Patched 'Rosie' (Sense) to allow click-drag homescreen rearrange when pinch-zoomed out
- busybox with Droid Explorer support
- MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
- terminfo and settings in boot.img to allow nano etc. use
- Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0) with init.d support
- ROM is de-odexed
- Updated Google Components
- Updated Flashlight which now becomes 'Torch' for non en-US configuration.
- Added Voice Search with Voice Actions
- Added option to use stock lock screen instead of HTC version
- Slimmed Customize dir, additional locales added
- Optional Titanium Backup
- Optional Wavesecure via the online kitchen (installed to system partition for maximum security)
- Optional WiFi Status indicator
- Optional 188.8.131.52H_184.108.40.206 radio
- More stuff i've probably forgotten
- Optional bootsound removal
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.
To install this ROM:
- Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
- Restart your device in recovery mode
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.
This ROM is now available in the online kitchen! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.
Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in download topic at MoDaCo.