[MOD] HTC_IME v27 by Jonasl: New Thread!
The original thread by Jonasl
has grown a bit out of hand given that it is no longer being updated and the first post is a bit out of date. Since I am still involved with my own projects with this keyboard (minor tweaks and the skin generators) I have decided to open a new thread for this mod.
- Jonasl for all his hard work on this project
- The old low res hack is based on the version posted by Cyanogen.
- The new low res and high res hack is based on the version posted by modaco.
- JesusFreke for smali/baksmali
(Compacted this list to save space, the point is that there are many features not to make this list readable )
Customizable language settings, Smileys hacked into the hide key (see screen shots), Swap Smiley/12# button, Custom smileys, Custom word candidate bar that raises the keyboards so dictionary won't cover the app you type in, Position of word candidate list is saved if you long press and move it, Left align word candidate list, Prediction in fields with own suggestions (search bar etc.), Prediction in fields that sets the filter flag, Prediction in URL fields, Disable automatic capitalization, Play sounds in silent mode, Set sound level, Custom sounds, Automatic space insertion, Enable prediction with cursor in or adjacent to existing words (QWERTY only), Enable a space bar key in URL keyboard, Support for German QWERTZ hard KB layout, Show voice input button for all keyboards with a settings button, Disable key preview popup, Use Google development server for voice (supports German but isn't online 24/7), MANY HTC bugs fixed, the changelog for a few of them, Droid SE X10 landscape support, User dictionary import/export, User dictionary accepts any character, not just HTC approved ones, Custom vibration length, Character replacement (can remove diacritic chars), Pipe key in qwerty mode, Move cursor with volume keys (for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10), Easier access to language specific chars in qwerty popups, Configurable gesture (swipe) actions, Gesture actions: Delete word, delete sentence, shift, hide kb, cursor after word, voice input, switch language, switch keyboard, Use phone keypad / compact qwerty symbol kb for QWERTY, Toggle accept dict. suggestion by space / period / comma, Fast language and keyboard switching by gestures, Version tracking by aTrackDog, Custom domains for .com key
Changelog for latest versions:
* Fixed: T9 is now disabled when adding words manually (sorry, missed that bug report on v26b1)
* Separate version for Froyo (2.2) due to changed voice input API:s
* Fixed: User dictionary should now be saved correctly on Sense ROMs (if installed correctly!)
* Fixed: Slightly better SMS detection
* Fixed: Custom popup domains will work without enabling custom popup time (caused by typo)
* Fixed: Smiley insertion right after period removed first smiley char
* Fixed: Settings not remembered for some locales
* Fixed: Tweaked space insertion around parentheses some
* Fixed: Fixed "Predict in Browser" option on Froyo (workaround for Android issue #8563)
* Fixed: Space deleted after period insertion and use of chars from symbol KB (HTC bug)
* Fixed: No auto add words didn't always work
* Fixed: Smiley button didn't work on symbol KB
* New: Calibration is considered for all layouts
* New: Modify button height/width on all layouts
* New: € £ added to f popup
* New: T9 toggle settings now remembered
* New: Export/import settings to/from SD card
* New: Pipe added to alt. symbol keyboard (page 4)
* Gesture: Cursor before word
* New: Move lang. specific popup chars closer to pressed key (help me support more langs!)
* Option: Replace chars only for SMS
* Option: Custom domains for .com key
* Option: Insert period on double space
* Option: Toggle accept dict. suggestion by 12# key
* Option: Configurable custom sounds
* Option: Change language with volume keys
* Option: Adjust portrait QWERTY key width
* Changed: Delete last sentence breaks on comma again.
* Fixed: Space insertion disabled for URI fields (causing problems)
* Fixed: Space insertion tweaked for French
* Fixed: Removed Romanian since not working (blame HTC)
* Fixed: Don't insert space if prediction is disabled in browser
* Fixed: Predict in URL working again.
* Fixed: Sound for HW KB working again
* Gesture: Toggle QWERTY prediction on/off
It is VERY
important that you pick the correct resolution and OS version for your phone.
If you are unsure of your OS version, you can check in settings/about phone.
If you are unsure of your screen resolution, use this handy guide
or simply google "your_phone_name_here resolution".
- High Resolution (WGA, WVGA, FWVGA, 480x800+)
- Low Resolution (HVGA, 320x480)
- Tiny Resolution (QVGA 240x320)
- There is curently NO version of this mod for devices of this resolution. If this ever changes I will post it here, allthough it isn't likely to happen soon unfortunately.
Common installation issues:
- Download and unzip (not flashable update.zip!)
- Install the two apks (HTC_IME & Clicker) using your favorite method (via a GOOD file manager, note astro does not count as a good file explorer or adb install -r). Sense users shouldn't (and needn't) install Clicker.
- There is no need to push anything to /system
- Go to Menu, Settings, Language & Keyboard. Activate "HTC_IME mod"
- To change keyboard, long press on lower left key on stock keyboard or any input field. Select input method in the menu.
If you are 100% sure you are using the correct version (resolution and OS), most often install problems are caused by another version of this mod already being installed. You can try removing any HTC_IME/Touch Input applications from settings/applications on your phone. Also, if you have root try using titantium backup to uninstall any versions of it (incase it's included in your rom in /system)
When all else fails, please post exactly what phone/rom you are installing it on, what version you are trying to install, and any exact error messages (logcats are useful).
Please visit this thread
if you are interested in creating (automated process) a custom skinned version of this keyboard.