Lodell

Feb 4, 2010
Phoenix
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Last edited by a moderator:

th0r615

Mar 24, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Glad Google is updating all the Gapps... just wish they would announce them then push them out right away.

Lookin forward to the new maps 5.0 and this.... grrrr

D

diversificationied

Fifteen minute refund window....what the ****.

Not nearly enough time to rip off paid apps.*

*that's a joke put the torches down*

Seriously though, 15 minutes? =/

mjm128

Jun 9, 2010
lucky we even have a refund feature. Don't think the App Store has one.

15 mins makes the refund feature useless to me. 15 mins to decide if I should keep the app or refund it? I might as well go back to previewing my apps via "pirating." 24 hours was perfect! Why are they ruining the refund feature.

jasrups

Sep 24, 2009
Winnipeg
lucky we even have a refund feature. Don't think the App Store has one.

Yes but App Store is also the easiest market to pirate ever. My grandpa could jailbreak an iPhone and download apps for free that's how easy it is.

I'm not condoning pirating at all, but now for a lot of apps I'm going to get apks off the net to properly test them out. If I like them I'll support the dev and buy the app from the market. I agree that the refund period doesn't have to be 24 hours, but at least make it a couple.

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC
15 mins ? thats insane.

I know devs want smaler windows..I agree.
But 15 minutes ?

Something like Locale ,Tasker , scheduling apps , etc would be impossible to evaluate in that time. 15 minutes for Games Im 100% ok with. But other apps...give me 1 or 2 hours jeez.

momomok

Dec 6, 2010
Hong Kong
15mins is way too short to fully test an app...

It took me an entire day to test the WidgetLocker.

Sent from my Nexus One

unknownrebelx

Feb 23, 2008
Long Beach
Sorry to derail the complaining about the bullcrap 15 minute refund window, but does anyone know if this will be pushed to custom roms like CM, or are we going to have to wait for an apk? Thanks in advance

kikikaka

Oct 19, 2007
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 5
agree ..

I think users need enough time to test it. You know in android world, all the devices, OS version are different and the apps have no good quality control vs iphone has unique h/w, and much strict quality control in the app store. This make users feel more hesitate to buy... a loss to both users and developers.

jasrups

Sep 24, 2009
Winnipeg
15 mins ? thats insane.

I know devs want smaler windows..I agree.
But 15 minutes ?

Something like Locale ,Tasker , scheduling apps , etc would be impossible to evaluate in that time. 15 minutes for Games Im 100% ok with. But other apps...give me 1 or 2 hours jeez.

Yea Tasker is a great example of an app that would need many hours to test properly. I couldn't even figure out how to use it in 15 minutes!

But I disagree about games. I can't even count the number of games that I liked initially for 1-2 hours but returned because they grew tiresome and repetitive.

JHaste

Jan 7, 2010
Tempe Arizona!
I think a 6 hour window is fair... 15 minutes, like, it takes 5 minutes from the time of purchase just to get something installed and figure out the basic configurations of stuff giving like 10 minutes to play and test the app?

msavic6

Jun 28, 2010
Vancouver
Apparently the reduction from a day to 15 minutes is transparent to the buyer... but the market looks amazing in those screenshots :)

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Top Liked Posts