Im going to write up a tutorial on restoring a mesmerize to stock. You all know there isn't any ODIN files for the mesmerize at the current moment. However there is a work around that I figured out.
THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE A CWM BACKUP!
I can make a stock one if need. I am not however 100% positive if you can use someone elses. Someone will need to clarify this.
Okay to get started you will need to obtain all the VZW ODIN files. I got all mine from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-844886.html
Odin: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin%...in3%20v1.3.exe -This is program to use to flash.
Odin Restore file for system: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin%...System.tar.md5 -----THIS IS FIRST.
Odin Restore file for kernel: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin%...Kernel.tar.md5 -----THIS IS SECOND.
Odin Restore file for recovery: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin%...covery.tar.md5 ----THIS IS THIRD.---this is just to be safe
Odin Clockwork recovery file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/CWMrecovery.tar ------THIS IS FOURTH ONE I FLASHED.
You can follow the steps on that post to get to the part where you can boot into CWM. After that all you have to do is restore you backup and flash the USCC kernel. I will however go over the steps in this post.
1. Install drivers from Samsung(in that link)
2. Download ODIN and all VZW ODIN files.(in the link)
3. Start ODIN and plug phone into computer via USB cable, then hold the volume down button this will take you into the "flashing" mode. There will be a big Triangle and a android construction worker.
4. Make sure the phone shows up in ODIN.
!!I did not use a PIT file and if you want to you can it is included in that link.
!! ALWAYS USE THE PDA BUTTON. ALWAYS! FOR ALL THESE FILES!
5. Flash Stock-i500-VZW-System.tar.md5 first. Phone will turn off enter "flash" mode same way by holding volume down.
6. Flash Stock-i500-VZW-Kernel.tar.md5. Phone will turn off enter "flash" mode same way by holding volume down.
7. Flash Stock-i500-VZW-Recovery.tar.md5. Phone will turn off enter "flash" mode same way by holding volume down.
8. Flash CWMrecovery.tar.
9. Download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Fasci...les/update.zip and put at the root of your SDCARD, DO NOT RENAME.
10. Enter recovery mode via: VOLUME DOWN, VOLUME UP, and POWER and hold until SAMSUNG.
11. Select Apply update.zip in stock recovery. This will bring you into the CWM recovery.
12. Go to backup and restore, select with power button. Then select restore, choose your backup and select yes.
13. This will now restore your system.
14. Load up ODIN again and put your phone in "flash" mode.
15. Download USCC Kernel and load in PDA.(WILL INCLUDE LINK WHEN I GET HOME)
Your phone is now back to your orginal rom!
I had to figure this out the hard way after flashing a bad rom that wiped out the recovery part of my phone. I had backups but no way of restoring them without CWM. Was about to cave in and just make it a fascinate but after I did so I wanted to try restoring my mesmerize files and reflashing kernel. It worked my phone is 100% back to normal. I can factory reset my phone and make a back up if that is possible for others to use my recovery files. Im not sure so I will not upload until someone clarifies.