requires something to extract rar files, if you dont have something, you prolly shouldnt be doing this to begin with.
To start. props to whoever posted the link im using. im not taking any credit for anything here, other then the fact that it works for me everytime ive tried it.
First. Your going to want to flash back to stock using these links/files
not my link.
You will need to download ODIN and the PIT.
follow these instructions:
1. Open odin 1.3. I did not use 1.61 for stock flashing.. i only used it when i tested the 2.2 stock rar.
2. Select the s1_odin_20100512.pit on the right in the pit section
3. In the PDA Section, place \\Epic Root\2.1 Files\SPH-D700-DI18-8Gb-REL.tar.md5
not the rar. if all you have is the rar then it should work but i dont have a copy of the rar, only this file so dont quote me
make sure that only eng debug and auto reboot are checked.
4. Put your phone in download mode (Shut it off, wait for lights to all go out, then hold 1 on the keyboard while powering up) make sure it is not connected to a charger or your computer
5. connect phone (you should see odin put a COM 3 show up in yellow..) or something like that in the first box. The actual number is NOT important what is important is something popped up there when you connected your device, meaning ODIN can see it)
6. Hit start. It will do its thing. Doesn't take long you can see the progress bar. If it sits on File Analysis for longer than 30 seconds its not going to happen. I just pull the battery, unplug the phone, restart odin, connect the phone and try again. 2nd times the charm!!
##YOUR PHONE IS NO LONGER ROOTED!
now its time for 2.2
Download the update zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?j5ycbppzdrd3b2d
Place it into your SD cards Root folder (for those who dont know, just drag it to the SD card and drop it, your main directory is your root), boot into stock recovery via the clockwork method (power, volume down, camera button)
apply the update zip.
let the phone boot completely.
If your GPS works, your good to go. The first time I ever did this it took a few minutes before the GPS kicked in but that could have been because of where I was in my house.. Tho ever since then it picks it up within seconds so im not sure if that was a fluke.
hope this helps