[GUIDE] ROM flashing guide (by bombom81)

Search This thread

NeoS

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 27, 2008
Somewhere in NL
Thanks to bombom81, there is a ROM flashing guide for IOLITE.

If his method helped you out, please thank him using the "thanks" button on his post.

Last edited:

bombom81

Oct 29, 2009
Surabaya - Hero City
How to flash Iolite

eeans17 :

If you need to flash your Iolite with Custom Rom here, you will need these steps :

A. FLASH YOUR SPL FIRST WITH HARD SPL
Read from here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=552481

I'll explain here :
1. Download the latest Hard SPL file on first post attachement named :
Iolite-HardSPL_V1_10R2_109HSPL.zip
2. Extract to a folder on your computer.
3. Connect your Iolite to your computer. Make Sure the Active Sync is working between the computer and your Iolite. AND DO NOT DISCONNECT it UNTIL THE WHOLE PROCESS IS DONE
3. The Zip file which you extracted before will contain a file with this name : Iolite-HardSPL_V1_10R2_109HSPL.exe
4. Execute that file
5. If a form come out with two Buttons, choose : FLASH HARD-SPL (Automatic Flash).
6. Follow the on screen instructions (mostly you will answer "NEXT", if not, "YES", or else, "I AGREE" :D)
7. When the process of flashing the Hard SPL is done, your device will reboot automatically.
8. Now, before you proceed to the next step of upgrading to CUSTOM ROM, make sure your Hard-SPL is installed correctly.
Using this method : fully power the device off by long press of power key, then power on while holding the "volume down" key on the left side of the device. keep holding the volume down key until you see tricolour screen which is the bootloader mode, then release it.

If you see three-color screen with below sentences, then congratulations, you have succesfully installed the hard SPL on your Iolite :

IOLI100
SPL-1.09.Olinex
MicroP-Iolite (LED) v5

if not, try to repeat all process.
Don't try to flash any custom ROM before you see the above sentences on your three color-display screen.
if you want to make your device reboot again, just press reset button.

B. INSTALLING CUSTOM ROM ON YOUR IOLITE

Thanks to Billabong_Staff, he has made a good Custom ROM for us, you can download the latest version you want on this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=572713

Steps to install custom ROM :
1. Make sure your device sync again with your computer. DO NOT DISCONNECT UNTIL THE WHOLE PROCESS IS DONE
2. You will need a file with named : CustomRUU.exe
3. Unfortunately, Billabong staff only mention to flash using Micro-SD Card on that thread (of which, is the other way to flash the ROM, U can also use that way to install it).
4. Try to get the file from previous version of the Custom Rom from this link : http://rapidshare.com/files/2906899...mEgA_WM_6.5_Latest_XIP_SYS_21867_0409_WWE.rar
5. When you're done, inside that zip file will contain 2 files, delete the ruu_signed.nbh file, replace with the nbh file you've downloaded on on first step (the one with named : IOLIIMG.nbh), copy this file into one folder with file Custom_RUU.exe, then rename that IOLIIMG.nbh with this name : ruu_signed.nbh. --> Maybe this is not necessary, since the CustomRUU.exe will flash all the nbh file on the same folder with him (I think?) but I like to make it default.
6. Make sure before doing anything, in the folder now contains ONLY THESE 2 files : CustomRUU.exe and ruu_signed.nbh.
7. Execute CustomRUU.exe. Follow on screen instructions. (mostly you will answer "NEXT", if not, "YES", or else, "I AGREE" :D)
8. When You're done and your Iolite's display shows 100%, it will reboot automatically, and will boot the new ROM.
9. Congratulations !!!! Now you have your Custom ROM :)

Last edited:

cassergio74

May 14, 2011
Problem with Activesync during ROM Flash

Hi everybody,
I cannot burn my rom because during the "Iolite-HardSPL_V1_10R2_109HSPL" program, it occurs an error. Activesync during this operation seems to disconnect.
So the rules: "Make Sure the Active Sync is working between the computer and your Iolite. AND DO NOT DISCONNECT it UNTIL THE WHOLE PROCESS IS DONE" of the guide is not performed.
What is the reason? My serial is SPL-1.09.0000
There are problem with this version?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Best regards.

billabongstaff

Jan 6, 2008
Sintra
I just wanted to thank bombom81 for having mentioned me in his thread in such a positive way and give something back to the XDA community...

For that, be sure to check THIS out...

Again, thank you for all the credits you've given to me and for this great tutorial.
I will refer to this thread on my ROMs' thread, so people will have no doubt as to how to flash the ROMs.

Best regards,

Reactions: bombom81

eddiekoo

Oct 15, 2006
ERROR. zzzbillabongstafftweaks.cab failed, 0x80042009

error after 1st reboot. not able to access the menu. top left hand corner show "customization"

every time reboot go into initial screen.

ERROR. zzzbillabongstafftweaks.cab failed, 0x80042009

Anyone can help? thank you very much

bombom81

Oct 29, 2009
Surabaya - Hero City
Thank you bombom81. I've edited the first post to make sure all credit goes to you. ;)

Thanks NeoS. It's been a while since I'm busy with my other phone and had not been around on this forum. But, I'm still with my Iolite up to present. :D

Thanks to stick it on this forum. ;)

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

I just wanted to thank bombom81 for having mentioned me in his thread in such a positive way and give something back to the XDA community...

Again, thank you for all the credits you've given to me and for this great tutorial.
I will refer to this thread on my ROMs' thread, so people will have no doubt as to how to flash the ROMs.

Best regards,

BILLABONGSTAFF....You're da man on this IOLITE Forum. I admire you the most!
Thanks for your precious time and effort to give us such nice custom IOLITE ROM :)

zaqsedc

Mar 26, 2010
problem with download ita rom

Hi guys, I`ve problem with download to ita rom, can you help me? thanks
If someone know a good and new rom, please tell me :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to flash Iolite

eeans17 :

If you need to flash your Iolite with Custom Rom here, you will need these steps :

A. FLASH YOUR SPL FIRST WITH HARD SPL
    Read from here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=552481

I'll explain here :
    1. Download the latest Hard SPL file on first post attachement named :
    Iolite-HardSPL_V1_10R2_109HSPL.zip
    2. Extract to a folder on your computer.
    3. Connect your Iolite to your computer. Make Sure the Active Sync is working between the computer and your Iolite. AND DO NOT DISCONNECT it UNTIL THE WHOLE PROCESS IS DONE
    3. The Zip file which you extracted before will contain a file with this name : Iolite-HardSPL_V1_10R2_109HSPL.exe
    4. Execute that file
    5. If a form come out with two Buttons, choose : FLASH HARD-SPL (Automatic Flash).
    6. Follow the on screen instructions (mostly you will answer "NEXT", if not, "YES", or else, "I AGREE" :D)
    7. When the process of flashing the Hard SPL is done, your device will reboot automatically.
    8. Now, before you proceed to the next step of upgrading to CUSTOM ROM, make sure your Hard-SPL is installed correctly.
    Using this method : fully power the device off by long press of power key, then power on while holding the "volume down" key on the left side of the device. keep holding the volume down key until you see tricolour screen which is the bootloader mode, then release it.

If you see three-color screen with below sentences, then congratulations, you have succesfully installed the hard SPL on your Iolite :

IOLI100
    SPL-1.09.Olinex
    MicroP-Iolite (LED) v5

if not, try to repeat all process.
    Don't try to flash any custom ROM before you see the above sentences on your three color-display screen.
    if you want to make your device reboot again, just press reset button.

B. INSTALLING CUSTOM ROM ON YOUR IOLITE

Thanks to Billabong_Staff, he has made a good Custom ROM for us, you can download the latest version you want on this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=572713

Steps to install custom ROM :
    1. Make sure your device sync again with your computer. DO NOT DISCONNECT UNTIL THE WHOLE PROCESS IS DONE
    2. You will need a file with named : CustomRUU.exe
    3. Unfortunately, Billabong staff only mention to flash using Micro-SD Card on that thread (of which, is the other way to flash the ROM, U can also use that way to install it).
    4. Try to get the file from previous version of the Custom Rom from this link : http://rapidshare.com/files/2906899...mEgA_WM_6.5_Latest_XIP_SYS_21867_0409_WWE.rar
    5. When you're done, inside that zip file will contain 2 files, delete the ruu_signed.nbh file, replace with the nbh file you've downloaded on on first step (the one with named : IOLIIMG.nbh), copy this file into one folder with file Custom_RUU.exe, then rename that IOLIIMG.nbh with this name : ruu_signed.nbh. --> Maybe this is not necessary, since the CustomRUU.exe will flash all the nbh file on the same folder with him (I think?) but I like to make it default.
    6. Make sure before doing anything, in the folder now contains ONLY THESE 2 files : CustomRUU.exe and ruu_signed.nbh.
    7. Execute CustomRUU.exe. Follow on screen instructions. (mostly you will answer "NEXT", if not, "YES", or else, "I AGREE" :D)
    8. When You're done and your Iolite's display shows 100%, it will reboot automatically, and will boot the new ROM.
    9. Congratulations !!!! Now you have your Custom ROM :)
    Thank you bombom81. I've edited the first post to make sure all credit goes to you. ;)

Best regards,